Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower trailer

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: The Dark Tower trailer

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Umm... anyone notice they changed the gunslinger from White in the books to Black for he movie? If you thought Opal lost her sh*t in book 2, imagine her surprise now!
    Idris Elba is known for that... He is pegged as the next Bond (and please don't stir up the pooper that Bond is not initially white )

In either case, I love him as an actor so I'm sure no matter how the movie does, he will be good.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Elba will be friggin awesome. I am excited that the movie will add to the story. I just finished the series this past weekend and now I'm feeling like I miss those characters. I really need more stories. I also hope there is a tv series that follows. Something real gritty with no punches pulled.

Dobber Sports Master

It appears there will be a tv show!

http://ew.com/article/2016/09/21/dar...-wizard-glass/

I have been avoiding Dark Tower news for fear of reading a book spoiler. Looks like I missed a fair bit of news.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    It appears there will be a tv show!

http://ew.com/article/2016/09/21/dar...-wizard-glass/

I have been avoiding Dark Tower news for fear of reading a book spoiler. Looks like I missed a fair bit of news.
    I'm intrigued but hesitant on how it's going to be structured. Depending on the content of the film, I wonder how it will lead into that part of the story? Without spoiling, a lot happened from the early parts of the story (Gunslinger/Drawing of the Three/Waste Lands) to his telling of his life when he was younger. Of course, I know it doesn't have to follow the same structure, so I'm curious on how they will lead the current situation to the back story. Also, I'm not sure if there is definitely a sequel to the film set yet, perhaps waiting to see how the film fares and then how that will tie into both the first film and TV series.

Dobber Sports Master

For those that are excited for the Dark Tower movie. The director recently hosted an AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm..._tower_ask_me/

Very interesting!

This is a post from the director:
    [–]nikarcel[S] 323 points 5 hours ago
    A ton of interaction. As a fan, the first couple of emails from Stephen, I had to take the laptop over to my mom and show her that this was real. He was a great creative partner from the beginning to the end.
    The biggest moment for me was about a week ago when he saw the finished film and wrote me an email with the words "As far as I'm concerned, you have remembered the face of your father."

Nice words from Sai King there!

Dobber Sports Master

Also there's a bit more on the movie here:

It comes out in about two weeks!!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm curious to see how they are going to make this - one movie or more? I can't imagine getting it all in one movie. I hope it doesn't disappoint, but I have to say, I like what I'm seeing so far (but it's only a couple of trailers).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    For those that are excited for the Dark Tower movie. The director recently hosted an AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm..._tower_ask_me/

Very interesting!

This is a post from the director:
    [–]nikarcel[S] 323 points 5 hours ago
    A ton of interaction. As a fan, the first couple of emails from Stephen, I had to take the laptop over to my mom and show her that this was real. He was a great creative partner from the beginning to the end.
    The biggest moment for me was about a week ago when he saw the finished film and wrote me an email with the words "As far as I'm concerned, you have remembered the face of your father."

Nice words from Sai King there!
    Im still skeptical....especially with the 95 minute run time or whatever. I hope it turns out though.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm curious to see how they are going to make this - one movie or more? I can't imagine getting it all in one movie. I hope it doesn't disappoint, but I have to say, I like what I'm seeing so far (but it's only a couple of trailers).
    This is just the first one, but any sequels will depend on how well it does. Also, there are plans for a TV series to cover some more of the backstory, but I haven't read much into it lately so not sure at what stage they're in.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im still skeptical....especially with the 95 minute run time or whatever. I hope it turns out though.
    I'm cautious about this film as well, just because I love the story so much and that it's not a complete remake. However, the run time doesn't bother me; in fact, the shorter run time could work as I find a lot of longer films can drag. As this is not planned to be a stand alone film, the run time is not an issue IMO.

Unfortunately I may not get the chance to see it when it comes out and then I'm away for a month, so I could be waiting even longer.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I'm doing my best to tell myself that it is gonna be shit. That way, when its average, I will be happy that it was better than expected. However, I am getting excited despite trying not to be.

Dobber Sports Master

This is a little bit more from the Arcel AMA. He really sounds like a fan.

[–]TheCrimson1919 46 points 23 hours ago
    If you were continue with a second movie after the TV Series (Hopefully) will the additional characters possibly appear? (Detta, O'detta, Suzanna, Eddie and Oy). If so, do you plan to alter the Detta / Roland conflicts or just leave it out?

[–]nikarcel[S] 162 points 22 hours ago Yes absolutely! As I think it will be pretty obvious to the fans when they see the film, the whole Ka-tet is poised to meet in the next movie...if we're lucky enough to be able to make one.
    We've definitely thought a lot about the racial tension between Detta and Roland and how casting Idris would affect that. I can't spoil anything, but we're definitely not going to leave this important theme unaddressed. And oh yeah, of course we're going to have Billy-Bumblers - and Oy's one of my favorite characters.

Dobber Sports Master

PS.... I highly recommend that AMA. It is very interesting. **** it! I'm excited now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I just read the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, and felt a bit out of the loop with what most people are saying about the novels and how good they are. The movie features two actors I really enjoy watching on the screen, so I will have to continue reading the rest of the books.

Having said that, anyone have any idea how much from the novels will be covered in the movie?
    Actually, I found The Gunslinger the best of them by far, and I still feel it was a mistake for King to attempt to make it into this huge epic with these long books that just became too much like work to read.

And then trying to tie it all in in with some of his other works made the whole thing even more tiresome. After I got about four books in I didn't want to read any more. The supporting cast can be grating, and the character of Roland only really works when shrouded in mystery. ( Do we really want to know Clint Eastwood's "Man with No Name" life's story?)

King would have been better served to have just used Roland as recurring character in novellas and short stories. Leave 'em wanting more, Stephen!

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

what are books?

Dobber Sports Master

I disagree, I read all the books and I am absolutely desperate for more stories of Roland, Eddie, Suz, Jake and Oy. I hope they tell some new back stories through the tv show.