Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Dark Tower trailer

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: The Dark Tower trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I'm doing my best to tell myself that it is gonna be shit. That way, when its average, I will be happy that it was better than expected. However, I am getting excited despite trying not to be.
    SMART! That recently worked for me for the movie Passengers (although it just looked like shit and I wasn't anticipating it). But anyways...going in with no expectations always works!

Except for Suicide Squad. ...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    SMART! That recently worked for me for the movie Passengers (although it just looked like shit and I wasn't anticipating it). But anyways...going in with no expectations always works!

Except for Suicide Squad. ...
    Nothing would work for Suicide Squad.

Dobber Sports Master

ARRRGGHHH!!!!!!! I just found out that the movie will not be released here until the 17th of August! I might have to unsubscribe from this thread from the 4th onwards.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ugh!!! Why couldn't this have been a series!?!

20% on Rotten Tomatoes and I just read a review that compared it to Jonah Hexx.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I truly wondered how they were going to have success with this.
    It's an introspective story... in the sense that much of (what I remember) of the story (I read the first 3 books, pre-college, <1996) was internal to the thoughts & perceptions of the gunslinger.
    This is just brutally hard to convey on screen where action rules.

McConaughey is also a tough cast - .
    He's INCREDIBLE surrounded by other characters - but on his own, for some (me), you start thinking about him out of character - as himself.
    And that doesn't work (for some).
    In truth, I had little hope the movie would be entertaining.

I found the books cerebral and plodding (those choice of words seem negative, but I don't mean them as such) - and that's hard to make work in film-form.
    I'll still watch when it comes out on streaming... but it doesn't surprise me that the film is being reviewed negatively - even with brilliant actors.
    Probably why the movie was delayed so many times - the production visionaries probably struggled with how to make it audience-friendly and tell the story in under 2 hrs.

Love to hear some forum members reviews for those that go to the theater!!