Thread: Dougie Hamilton

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Dougie Hamilton

3 assists tonight. 2 on the powerplay. Another nice game!

Though why is he an even for the night?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Dougie Hamilton

That plus minus could to be wrong. He was on the ice for all 3 goals, 2 on the pp and one at even strength. The only possibility is he left the ice before the goal was scored, which is possible considering he got the secondary assist.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

It has happened before. I mean I remember Crosby shooting the puck in from centre ice, stepping onto the bench for a line change, and then the puck went in top-corner. Pretty sure he got the goal and the shot, but not the plus.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

Hamilton was -0 w/ 3 asst. Hamilton=Beast...I used Hockey Geeks custom rankings prior to our draft. Hamilton was ranked really high based on our cats and I was able to grab him with a lter pick than some of the bigger names. He's been great for me...thank you Hockey Geek!

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah with 44 points in 67 games he has already set a career high. He is still only 23 years old and currently (most often) only seeing PP 2 time. Definitely a great fantasy asset on the blue line. He is always ready to jump in on a break out, and he has the fantastic ability to get pucks through to the net. Both of those traits are hallmarks of elite scoring defenders.

I would like to see him be a little more physical though, at 6 foot 6 210 lbs, he could afford to use his size a little bit more effectively. I watched him in a game earlier in the season and he had 3-4 hits in one shift alone. He was like a wrecking ball. Near the end of that shift someone tried to crush him in retaliation (I can't remember who) and Dougie saw him at the last second, lowered his shoulder and sent the would be assailant careening backward on his ass like he had hit a brick wall. Not sure why he doesn't utilize his size and strength more often. Perhaps it will come with age.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Does anyone think Hamilton will be a top five point producer amongst defensemen next year? Right now he is tied for 6th (46 points) with guys like Byfuglien, and just behind Duncan Keith and Justin Shultz. Is a 60 point season possible?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

Only 14 PPP on the season, I would have to assume he needs to get that up to at least 20ish for that to happen no?

He needs to get that 1# PP time, maybe next season it'll happen. Who has it now, Gio?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Person Keeper League $100 cap ($120 in season), 20% increase per year on keepers (max 12) - Yahoo HtH (7 fwd, 4 D, 2 G each week): G, A, TP, PP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%

Forwards
    : Stamkos ($15.12), Ovechkin ($13.68), Wheeler ($12.10) Backstrom ($11.52), Voracek ($9.50), Atkinson ($1.80), Nyqvist ($1.80), Kreider ($1.45)
    Defense: Doughty ($9.00),
    Gostisbehere ($7.75), Hamilton ($3.89) Dumba ($1.25) Beaulieu ($2.10) Lindholm ($1.22) Goligoski ($0.59)
    Goalies: Vasilevsky ($5.04), Hellebuyck ($1.14) Darling ($0.88) Keumper ($0.25)

Total Cap ATM: $100.73

Farm
    : Matheson, Gurianov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Haka View Post
    Only 14 PPP on the season, I would have to assume he needs to get that up to at least 20ish for that to happen no?

He needs to get that 1# PP time, maybe next season it'll happen. Who has it now, Gio?
    TJ Brodie has it right now.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I can see it but probably not next season. I'm a big Hamilton fan (and always have been) but 60 points is a perfect storm of a season - personally I think he will be a little bit of a Hedman when it comes to points in that he will tease getting that sort of number but won't get to that number for a few years yet as Calgary's other D options become less prelevant
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Magnificent One

Hamilton is being covered in this week's cage match by the way - check it out on Wednesday
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/