Thread: Lehner or Saaros

The Great One

Default Lehner or Saaros

I now Saaros is trending up the hype train ladder like crazy lately but Lehner has been fsirly solid with some stellar stretches sprinkled in this year- hes just not getting the goal support from a young team. Gun to your head who do you take as your starter by next year? Does your answer change if youve got Vasilevskiy as your 1a (1 goalie start each day- daily lineup changes)?

BONUS POINTS: when is Rinnes contract up?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Lehner or Saaros

i would take lehner as he is the starter..
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Titan

Next year I take Lehner. He's the starter, and not everyone is going to be Matt Murray and take over the starting job right away.
    Saros also doesn't have to be exposed to the expansion draft, so Nashville is under no pressure in that regard.
    Lehner is solid, proven, and on an up and coming team.

Off the top of my head Rinne has this season and then two more under contract. So he would be a free agent in July of 2019.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Definitely Lehner for next season. At absolute best saaros goes into a 50-30 sharing position and he ll be on the 30 end. I don't even think that's likely.

Lehner is on an up and coming team and no risk of sharing starts. My answer does not change with vas as 1a. I just don't think saaros will get enough starts.

Rinne's contract is up in 2019 according to:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/pekka-rinne
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):