Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guentzel, Keller, Connor, Dubois-- 17/18 Rank and Projections

The Great One

Default Guentzel, Keller, Connor, Dubois-- 17/18 Rank and Projections

Currently have Guentzel and Keller. I can only keep 12 and have Guentzel in some last minute offers so that I can make room for Keller instead as my 1th keeper. One of these offers might have to have Kyle Connor coming back to facilitate a trade- lol!

So how do you rank them? What are we projecting for next year? Would you drop E Lindholm for any of them?

Currently Im leaning towards keeping Lindholm as he used to tout similar upside and is having a deceptively good season if you can conveniently convince yourself to forget the first half of it :P

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Guentzel, Keller, Connor, Dubois-- 17/18 Rank and Projections

I like Keller & Connor. I like kellers opportunity better, if he signs.

Dobber Sports Monster

Keller/Connor

There's a chance Patty Kane Jr. (Keller) may not sign but I still like his potential long-term.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Long term I like keller.
    Short term I like lindholm. I think next year lindholm will Crack 50+ and years following that be in 60 point range
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ianclark5525 View Post
    Long term I like keller.
    Short term I like lindholm. I think next year lindholm will Crack 50+ and years following that be in 60 point range
    My thinking as well. 50 points with an attainable 60 point upside is very decent as a keeper in our league format. I figure Ill keep him and gamble on Keller as my 12th. Unfortunately that leads to Guentzel being a straight drop

My keepers end up as Malkin, Forsberg, Skinner, Kane, Eberle, Buff, Ghost, Trouba, Vas, Lehner, Lindholm and Keller.

Kind of a mixed bag- but Im happy with it. Ive also got 6 picks in the first two rounds to augment that core.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    My thinking as well. 50 points with an attainable 60 point upside is very decent as a keeper in our league format. I figure Ill keep him and gamble on Keller as my 12th. Unfortunately that leads to Guentzel being a straight drop

My keepers end up as Malkin, Forsberg, Skinner, Kane, Eberle, Buff, Ghost, Trouba, Vas, Lehner, Lindholm and Keller.

Kind of a mixed bag- but Im happy with it. Ive also got 6 picks in the first two rounds to augment that core.
    Emu, I have to say I'd take guentzel next year over lindholm. I've just never seen anything special in lindholm.

Dobber Sports Stud

if guentzel can stick with Crosby, then i'd take him over lindholm. but i'd take either one of them over the prospects next season. long term, i'll take keller, who has way more upside than anyone else on this list.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think your keeper list is spot on right now. I like Lindholm over the other names mentioned, and Keller has excellent upside in your league format.

If I was considering dropping anyone from your keeper list, I think it would be Eberle instead of Lindholm.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think your keeper list is spot on right now. I like Lindholm over the other names mentioned, and Keller has excellent upside in your league format.

If I was considering dropping anyone from your keeper list, I think it would be Eberle instead of Lindholm.
    I hear ya- and thats fair- lol!! Its just painful because I paid such a premium to get him. Not that it should affect roster decisions but I feel like Im going to be stubborn with Ebs for one more year. A lot of what I have read talks about how he "looks snakebitten" out there. It sounds like hes getting chances and getting very unlucky. Youre definitely not wrong- but I feel like hes got one more year on my roster. Id like to think I could get some kind of value for him but not sure what I can even get at this point...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure about Lindholm. I've had him the last couple of seasons and he seems to always start off so extremely slow. I know he's having a good last part of the season, last year was the same, but I'm wondering if he's just that kind of player who only produces over half a season. I mean, last two seasons he had practically nothing until mid-december/early january. If that's the case and he's a second half producer, maybe now would be a good time to sell high.

I know it's "only" two seasons, so maybe the sample size is too small to really come to any conclusion, but it's food for thought.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Not sure about Lindholm. I've had him the last couple of seasons and he seems to always start off so extremely slow. I know he's having a good last part of the season, last year was the same, but I'm wondering if he's just that kind of player who only produces over half a season. I mean, last two seasons he had practically nothing until mid-december/early january. If that's the case and he's a second half producer, maybe now would be a good time to sell high.

I know it's "only" two seasons, so maybe the sample size is too small to really come to any conclusion, but it's food for thought.
    My issue is that i dont think Id get much for him. I got him free off waivers- and this isnt what Id call a really "trade heavy" league. I can try though- throw him on the block see if theres any nibbles. At this point I figured Guentzel might get me a pick upgrade or something because everyone likes the mystery of the new guy we dont have a ceiling pencilled in for yet- and the Crosby factor to boot- lol!

Dobber Sports Initiate

My issue is that i dont think Id get much for him. I got him free off waivers- and this isnt what Id call a really "trade heavy" league. I can try though- throw him on the block see if theres any nibbles. At this point I figured Guentzel might get me a pick upgrade or something because everyone likes the mystery of the new guy we dont have a ceiling pencilled in for yet- and the Crosby factor to boot- lol!
    Good point. I managed to trade him, but my league is really deep and GMs trade a lot. On the other hand, if you can't get anything for him, why would you want to make him a keeper? Wouldn't you want to keep players who are more sought after?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I love players like that in H2H leagues. Scheifele and Wheeler also seem to be getting hotter the longer the season goes on which is perfect as long as my team makes it to the H2H playoffs; they can save their magic for that time.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I love players like that in H2H leagues. Scheifele and Wheeler also seem to be getting hotter the longer the season goes on which is perfect as long as my team makes it to the H2H playoffs; they can save their magic for that time.
    Sure... just as long as he doesn't cost you a playoff spot because of his cold streak to start the season.

I mean, he managed 39 points in each of his last 2 seasons, but ended those seasons on a pace that would give him something like 70 points for a whole season. Wouldn't it be wiser to trade him during his hot streak for a 60-65 point player that produces over a full season and will get you more wins? (and maybe trade back for Lindholm for a lot less during his cold start next season)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sure... just as long as he doesn't cost you a playoff spot because of his cold streak to start the season.

I mean, he managed 39 points in each of his last 2 seasons, but ended those seasons on a pace that would give him something like 70 points for a whole season. Wouldn't it be wiser to trade him during his hot streak for a 60-65 point player that produces over a full season and will get you more wins? (and maybe trade back for Lindholm for a lot less during his cold start next season)
    Do you really think you can trade a 40 point player for a 60 point player no matter the hot streak he's on? Of course that would be wise but I don't think that's realistic. You might get someone who produces 50 points over a full season but I would rather take the guy who gives me 40 with most of them coming during the 2nd half.

One cold player is definitely not going to cost anyone a playoff spot unless they're in really shallow leagues. I only play in leagues with 20+ roster spots, so adding strong 2nd half players is a great strategy in my leagues.

Besides, I think Lindholm has 60+ point upside anyways. He just turned 22 a few months ago, he's not even in his prime yet.