Thread: Which $4.5M (or under) contract?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which $4.5M (or under) contract?

Okay so I have exactly $5.54M left in space and I need 1 F/RW and 1 BN player... here are my options:

Burrows (35) - $4.5M (signed 2 years @$2.5M)
    Niemi (33) - $4.5M, 1 year remaining
    C. Tanev (27) - $4.45M, 3 year remaining

--- I would fill the remaining spot with Stecher - $925K (minors call up) of Jaskin - $1M (coming off IR) ---

Craig Smith (27) - $4.25M, 3 years remaining
    Mikkel Boedker (27) - $4M, 3 years remaining
    Colin Wilson (27) - $3.938M, 2 years remaining

--- I would fill the remaining spot with Stecher (22) - $925K, 1 year remaining (minors call up), Jaskin (23) - $1M, 1 year remaining (coming off IR) or Khudobin (30) - $1.2M, 1 year remaining (current bench player) ---

Thanks in advance. I'm currently going with Smith and Khudobin. But what's the most optimal? I kind of like Burrows at $2.5M for a couple more seasons, but that could be wishful thinking...
    20 Team H2H Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H Stats: [G,A,PIM,SOG,PPP,SHP,HIT,BLK,TK/GV,FO%,TOI/G | W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO]
    Cap: $82,425,000

Minnesota Wild:
    C: Malkin, Carter, Kesler
    LW: Pavelski, Boedker, Nelson
    RW: Kessel, Gaborik, Okposo
    D: Yandle, Trouba, McDonagh, Y. Weber, Alzner, Lovejoy
    SKT: Versteeg, Berglund
    G: Fleury, Elliott
    BN: Reaves, I. Cole, A. Martinez, Merrill, J. Allen(G), Zatkoff(G)
    IR: Voynov

Minors:
    Prospect List

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Which $4.5M (or under) contract?

Smith is getting bumped down, and Wilson has had some great chemistry with Jarnkrok recently (plus seeing some PP time).
    Boedker hasn't been a great option recently either, so Wilson is my choice.

Of your other two, I would go Stetcher.

Not sure exactly what's going on with your other Smith/Khudobin/Burrows question.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

I'd take Wilson and Stetcher too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Okay so I dumped Smith, he has plenty of skill and gets tons of pucks on net he simply just can't score this season it seems.

Rolling with Stecher as my bench player...

But I actually picked up Burrows because I like how he's fitting in with OTT, and I also like the 2 remaining years @ $2.5M starting next season.

This team is not destined for the playoffs. So I dunno if that changes anyone's mind.

I agree Wilson has been the best of the bunch here, but Burrows is also coming on. Boedker is the other interesting player, he could be headed to Vegas on a very comfortable contract. He, like Smith, isn't too far removed from 20 goal seasons and big power play production.

I wanna believe in Smith and Boedker but they've been too inconsistent this year so I agree it comes down to Wilson and Burrows for me. I would much prefer a RW eligible player which gives a small tick to Burrows here, and I also own Jarnkrok, so I don't know if that make any difference...

But I guess my question is next season and moving forward who would you rather have between these guys. Burrows, Wilson, Smith, Boedker and also Vanek is on waivers right now... Is it still Wilson, over Burrows? Thanks again for the replies so far!

EDIT: Oh an Lars Eller is also available as a free agent, he's 27 with 1 year remaining on his deal @ $3.5M. He's good on drawls but I have Jarnkrok and Berglund for that...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mynameistickle View Post
    Okay so I dumped Smith, he has plenty of skill and gets tons of pucks on net he simply just can't score this season it seems.

Rolling with Stecher as my bench player...

But I actually picked up Burrows because I like how he's fitting in with OTT, and I also like the 2 remaining years @ $2.5M starting next season.

This team is not destined for the playoffs. So I dunno if that changes anyone's mind.

I agree Wilson has been the best of the bunch here, but Burrows is also coming on. Boedker is the other interesting player, he could be headed to Vegas on a very comfortable contract. He, like Smith, isn't too far removed from 20 goal seasons and big power play production.

I wanna believe in Smith and Boedker but they've been too inconsistent this year so I agree it comes down to Wilson and Burrows for me. I would much prefer a RW eligible player which gives a small tick to Burrows here, and I also own Jarnkrok, so I don't know if that make any difference...

But I guess my question is next season and moving forward who would you rather have between these guys. Burrows, Wilson, Smith, Boedker and also Vanek is on waivers right now... Is it still Wilson, over Burrows? Thanks again for the replies so far!

EDIT: Oh an Lars Eller is also available as a free agent, he's 27 with 1 year remaining on his deal @ $3.5M. He's good on drawls but I have Jarnkrok and Berglund for that...
    I don't see Burrows being a great offensive weapon going forward. Some players just get hot when they're changing teams. I think Burrows was acquired to be a bottom-6 forward.

But I would be looking at acquiring an upgrade over Berglund. His contract is pretty ugly and he doesn't really provide anything besides FOW. Could you find a cheaper option for FOW?

Dobber Sports Titan

Wilson
    Vanek
    Eller
    Smith
    Burrows
    Boedker

I don't see the same upside you do with Boedker. A 4Mil contract on a guy not producing is not something Vegas is going to touch with a 10 foot pole. I'm with them on it, and I like basically all of your other options better.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)