Thread: S Theodore dropped

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default S Theodore dropped

Do I try cramming another top prospect onto my roster? Sub him in for Pulock or just let Goldobin go? I figure both players don't make it onto my roster at the start of next season.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 UT, 2 G

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    RW - M Marner, B Boeser, T Meier, J Voracek, W Nylander, K Kaprizov, V Kratsov
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes
    G - A Vasilevsky, J Gibson, I Sorokin, K Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: S Theodore dropped

I would take Theodore over both Pulock and Goldobin.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Can't have enough D prospects IMO.

I think Theodore is better than Pulock but Pulock has less of a challenge to becoming the top offensive option NYI compared to Theodore in ANA

ANA current OFD depth: Vatanen, Fowler, Lindholm > Theodore, can maybe make a case for Montour as well
    NYI current OFD depth: Leddy > Pulock, maybe Boychuk?

but regardless would rather both over Goldobin
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Looks like I will have to make two moves now that Gibson came off the IR and is DTD. Dropping Goldobin to make Gibson active then do I drop Pulock or should I drop someone else instead? Kind of torn on giving up on Pulock after holding him the entire season.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Theodore is a better prospect than Pulock, but there's more competition on that blueline. He should see more ice time next year and things should get more cleared up. Pulock has been killing it of late in the AHL, and looks to be the big bomb that the Islanders desperately need on the PP. Goldobin has a better opportunity with Vancouver, but he's more of a boom-bust prospect.

Not really sure if you're in contention or in rebuild mode, but I would drop someone like Eaves for Theodore. I think you're tight on your 30 keepers anyways, so if you're not in the running for anything, you might as well pick up another prospect, and make the decision for your keepers next season.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Theodore is a better prospect than Pulock, but there's more competition on that blueline. He should see more ice time next year and things should get more cleared up. Pulock has been killing it of late in the AHL, and looks to be the big bomb that the Islanders desperately need on the PP. Goldobin has a better opportunity with Vancouver, but he's more of a boom-bust prospect.

Not really sure if you're in contention or in rebuild mode, but I would drop someone like Eaves for Theodore. I think you're tight on your 30 keepers anyways, so if you're not in the running for anything, you might as well pick up another prospect, and make the decision for your keepers next season.
    I dropped Goldobin to activate Gibson. Theodore cleared waivers as I wasn't comfortable putting in the claim. A couple other top prospect defenseman are on the wire as well. Honka and McAvoy are available. Honka has been owned and dropped a few times this year. While McAvoy has not been owned.

I'm really not a great judge on my team. It's been a good but strange season. I had a rough go of it in our start up season. But this year my team made a 5 game improvement. My team was 6-1 when Stamkos was injured. I have won 2 games the rest of the season and have lost my first two playoff consolation games. I'm leading in my third consolation game that concludes at the end of next week. These games go into our draft lottery. Now is my team the 6-1 1st place team or the team who can't get a victory? I think it's a little of both. As my team is shallow compared to some of the others. As I carry a little more youth than they do. So as Keller, Boeser and Ek hit the NHL next year I should make another jump. Maybe that's just me looking through rose colored glasses. But you are not the first person who has suggested cutting Eaves. But he would easily be the best player on the WW having 60 more points than anyone available. I agree i'm up against the keeper numbers. I have talked about that before with others on the board. I could try to make some 2-1 trades this off season. I have tried to trade for Risto and Kane this week and got turned down. No reason given on Risto. The Kane owner just didn't want to give up who he felt was his best player. If I can't get any trades done I could keep a full 33 keepers and bypass our draft. The draft consists of this years drafted players, other available prospects and whoever was cut. Two teams bypassed the draft last season. With my team not winning in the consolation ladder. I'm more than likely going to end up in the 6th spot of our draft. Last year I drafted Dubois and Keller. I was talked into Dubois over Tkachuk who I was going to take. But everyone said I would be a fool if I passed on Dubois. Kind of kicking myself on that one now.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by CreamTeam View Post
    I dropped Goldobin to activate Gibson. Theodore cleared waivers as I wasn't comfortable putting in the claim. A couple other top prospect defenseman are on the wire as well. Honka and McAvoy are available. Honka has been owned and dropped a few times this year. While McAvoy has not been owned.

I'm really not a great judge on my team. It's been a good but strange season. I had a rough go of it in our start up season. But this year my team made a 5 game improvement. My team was 6-1 when Stamkos was injured. I have won 2 games the rest of the season and have lost my first two playoff consolation games. I'm leading in my third consolation game that concludes at the end of next week. These games go into our draft lottery. Now is my team the 6-1 1st place team or the team who can't get a victory? I think it's a little of both. As my team is shallow compared to some of the others. As I carry a little more youth than they do. So as Keller, Boeser and Ek hit the NHL next year I should make another jump. Maybe that's just me looking through rose colored glasses. But you are not the first person who has suggested cutting Eaves. But he would easily be the best player on the WW having 60 more points than anyone available. I agree i'm up against the keeper numbers. I have talked about that before with others on the board. I could try to make some 2-1 trades this off season. I have tried to trade for Risto and Kane this week and got turned down. No reason given on Risto. The Kane owner just didn't want to give up who he felt was his best player. If I can't get any trades done I could keep a full 33 keepers and bypass our draft. The draft consists of this years drafted players, other available prospects and whoever was cut. Two teams bypassed the draft last season. With my team not winning in the consolation ladder. I'm more than likely going to end up in the 6th spot of our draft. Last year I drafted Dubois and Keller. I was talked into Dubois over Tkachuk who I was going to take. But everyone said I would be a fool if I passed on Dubois. Kind of kicking myself on that one now.
    I think it might be a scenario where you have to wait and see to see what you've got. If he cleared waivers, then there is less of a threat of interest from other managers. It's always tough to make a trade for keeper limit related issues, as everyone else faces those same issues. Next year, I don't think there is a Dubois/Keller quality prospect at 6th, so bypassing the draft might be an option, though the right thing to do is to see what kind of players are cut.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

The Great One

Can you open up a spot through a trade? When the word has some gems I'd like to hold I try and move a player for a pick to make my life easier
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would do what you can to add Theordore yes! Goldobin would be an easy flip for me.

Not much trade movement in the league Sulla. I tried making multiple trades of the 2/1 and 3/1 nature the last couple of weeks with no success.

Havana the shot at Theodore has passed as another team picked him up as a FA. Maybe closer to draft time I can dangle my 1st round pick in an attempt to get one of them to actually trade?
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by CreamTeam View Post
    Not much trade movement in the league Sulla. I tried making multiple trades of the 2/1 and 3/1 nature the last couple of weeks with no success.

Havana the shot at Theodore has passed as another team picked him up as a FA. Maybe closer to draft time I can dangle my 1st round pick in an attempt to get one of them to actually trade?
    Missed That. Move on fella. Theodore will be avail at some point next year on the wire. I don't think he's a full timer next year atleast to start. And if he's kept through the draft, I'll wager his owner grows weary and eventually drops him. THEN...that's the moment you worry about snapping him up. I wouldn't worry about it right now.