Thread: 2017 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Default 2017 NFL Free Agency Chatter

What say you?

• The Osweiler trade to CLE was more about the Browns acquiring another draft pick (2018 2nd) then it was about acquiring an overpaid Osweiler who BTW they can drop and incur any cap hip
    • Along those line...the Browns are quickly becoming a team to watch for dynasty GMs. 2017 might be the last year to buy low on offensive skill players while others in your league are paying attention to the Eagles and Broncos.
    • NOW the Pats are throwing it out that they may want CLE's 1st overall for Garopollo. Cocky bastards. But coming off another SB victory and their moves today, they're allowed to be.
    • LOVE the B.Marsh move to the NYG. Not for Sheppard. He'll pay the price in terms of fantasy production. But Marshall's presence will force opposing D's to pick between he and OBJ. Good for both,
    • D Allen to the Pats means buy low on IND TE Swoope. Everyone else is paying attention to Jack Doyle. They zig, you should Zag
    • I'm done giving two shits what team Torrey Smith lands on.
    • Bears are turning into a shit show
    • Don't rush out to acquire Glennon. The Bears...if they are smart...will hide him behind Jordan Howard.
    • Do NOT underestimate or overlook the 49ers signing of FB Kyle Juszczyk. Guy can flat out ball. RZ, receiver, blocker for Hyde (maybe even vulture). He's #goodatfootball
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2017 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Absolutely wild day.

Osweiler is a disaster. So is Cleveland.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Niners overpaid for Juszczyk. I dont care if he can ball or not, that's a ridiculous amount of money for a FB. In my opinion, and I know they have a lot of cap space, but they are spending too much money on mediocre players. Hoyer is not worth $12M over two years. He signed for $2M on a one year deal last year for Chicago. Dont get me wrong, I like Hoyer here, but not for that much money. Five years at $24.5M for Malcolm Smith????? Jesus. He barely rushes the QB. No sacks last year. There were better options out there. Brutal. $8M per season for two years for Goodwin?? I get it, the kid is fast but that's just dumb. I did think they paid fair money for Garcon. He didn't come cheap but thats what you pay for 1000 yd receivers these days. Inexperience showing already?

The whole Kirk Cousins situation is getting interesting. He wants a trade but they dont want to deal him. They are poised to lose him next year for nothing. Then they go and fire their GM last night (although I have read this could be due to a drinking problem that he has had in the past. Who knows here).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I am a skins fan and each day I debate on just choosing another team, which would be Atlanta for Julio Jones, but then I’d look like a bandwagonner. The Skins should trade Cousins for the 2nd overall and just start fresh. They have Doctson, Crowder, Reed/Davis (OMG why 3 yrs?!), and a slew of RBs that all are ok in the system. Cousins def makes them all better, but you can’t let Cousins walk for free.

Best move of the day, no one jumping on Charles, Peterson, Murray, or Lacy. I was certain a team would drop a fair amount of cash on Charles/Peterson for the fans to buy jerseys.

Browns have a ton of picks coming up, so I can see them sending like 3 2nd rounders for Garap. They are tossing RG3 out too, Osweiler is likely cut/traded, they have no one at the QB position and they would be idiotic to not take Myles Garrett.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I am a skins fan and each day I debate on just choosing another team, which would be Atlanta for Julio Jones, but then I?d look like a bandwagonner. The Skins should trade Cousins for the 2nd overall and just start fresh. They have Doctson, Crowder, Reed/Davis (OMG why 3 yrs?!), and a slew of RBs that all are ok in the system. Cousins def makes them all better, but you can?t let Cousins walk for free.

Best move of the day, no one jumping on Charles, Peterson, Murray, or Lacy. I was certain a team would drop a fair amount of cash on Charles/Peterson for the fans to buy jerseys.

Browns have a ton of picks coming up, so I can see them sending like 3 2nd rounders for Garap. They are tossing RG3 out too, Osweiler is likely cut/traded, they have no one at the QB position and they would be idiotic to not take Myles Garrett.
    No doubt. The fact that that lot is still out there is telling...
    @SmittysRant