Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D.Strome for ??

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: D.Strome for ??

I think a better idea is to post Strome on the block to the league - telling them what you want... you'll get a better gauge of what he's worth to other owners that way.

Although, if you think of him this highly...The best trade to makes to not trade and enjoy his production.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

ok, sorry I assumed everyone knew that I was talking about future value, obviously a guy playing in the O doesn't have the same current value as anyone playing the NHL. And I don't look bad ........ever!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    ok, sorry I assumed everyone knew that I was talking about future value, obviously a guy playing in the O doesn't have the same current value as anyone playing the NHL. And I don't look bad ........ever!
    When you make a trade transaction with someone, you are generally making an exchange based on the current value of the players. Strome's future potential is a part of his current value. But most people aren't willing to pay more than what something is worth right now to acquire it. I can't tell someone that my house will be worth $300,000 in 10 years and expect them to give me $300,000 for it now. They will give me the $250,000 it is worth now or they won't buy it from me. (note: this is a hypothetical house. not a brag attempt about a real house. just wanted to be clear on that lol)

Why do you think someone is going to give you a player that is already highly valued for a player who might be highly valued in the future?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    When you make a trade transaction with someone, you are generally making an exchange based on the current value of the players. Strome's future potential is a part of his current value. But most people aren't willing to pay more than what something is worth right now to acquire it. I can't tell someone that my house will be worth $300,000 in 10 years and expect them to give me $300,000 for it now. They will give me the $250,000 it is worth now or they won't buy it from me. (note: this is a hypothetical house. not a brag attempt about a real house. just wanted to be clear on that lol)

Why do you think someone is going to give you a player that is already highly valued for a player who might be highly valued in the future?
    I live Nanaimo... so no bragging taken with those house prices (ugh... #expensivetolive)

Dobber Sports Initiate

wow thanks for the economics lesson.........thanks for taking this sideways!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post

Once again, I'm right on board with the Bread Man.

It's the concept of the Time Value of Money. Money that can be spent now, today, is more valuable than money that someone might theoretically acquire at some future time.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

It may not seem like it, but I was just trying to be helpful.

The Great One

Strome for any of those 6 guys.

Are you crazy?

Do prospects generally get traded for top players in your league? Is strome even the best prospect not in the NHL right now? Debatable.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

Are you crazy?

Do prospects generally get traded for top players in your league? Is strome even the best prospect not in the NHL right now? Debatable.
    Not according to Button.

Dobber Sports Jedi

not sideways. an analogy of value. I get you're not enjoying the feedback you're getting, but chill a bit on the defensive side here. We're here to help, sometimes it's tough love.

Your future valuation of Strome is not his current value. You're trying to trade his future value for young producing players that havehigh current values. Those two things don’t normally compute into trades1-1.

So the players you are targeting, due to age and currentvalue are hot commodities. Meaning – it’s not going to happen, or highlyunlikely – unless you get someone who’s hell-bent on a full-boar rebuild.Strome has a ceiling that’s equal to any of those players, possibly above.

For the 3rd time, I think your best move is toKEEP HIM…. I noticed that advice does not seem to appease you or it at least has not been acknowledged as a viable option, but that’s myopinion – and if you’re not getting the value you want for him or believe he’sworth. Then by trading him, you will be doing so for less value than yourperceived value of him. So don’t do it, and likely you won’t get it 1-1.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

Are you crazy?

By my reckoning both Puljujarvi and Keller are better prospects fantasy-wise. I own both in my 12 team keep 23 league. Dylan Strome is available on waivers.

Dobber Sports Pro

I am curious. Would you give up your Draisaitl for Keller or Puljujarvi? Because that is essentially the same ask as Ehlers or Panarin for Strome.

The Great One

You should pick up Strome and offer him for Panarin

Dobber Sports Stud

Strome cant skate, just watch the WJC. He will be exposed

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Strome cant skate, just watch the WJC. He will be exposed
    I hope someone else exposes him. It would be pretty disturbing if he exposed himself...