Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D.Strome for ??

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default D.Strome for ??

With our trade deadline less than a week away, I'm always trying to upgrade my 15 keepers for next year. I have DStrome sitting on my roster and while he is tearing up the O again this year, is it worth trying to move him for an established player now.....guys I have had conversations with include

Wennberg
    Huberdeau
    Ehlers
    SReinhart
    Panarin
    Giroux

Thoughts?
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: D.Strome for ??

I would take any and all of the above for him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ehlers, Panarin, Huberdeau... for me

Giroux's continuous decline scares me off
    Reinhart is a tier below those three
    Wennberg, not sold hes with those 3

I'd want the surest highest ceiling players for a top prospect
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Wow. If you can get a Giroux, Panarin or Ehlers, I wouldn't hesitate any longer.

Dobber Sports Icon

Wennberg
    Huberdeau
    Ehlers
    SReinhart
    Panarin
    Giroux

that about it really. i have high hopes for DS (and ARZ) though, so id be really tempted not to trade him at all...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Wow. If you can get a Giroux, Panarin or Ehlers, I wouldn't hesitate any longer.
    Flat out rejected trade offers for Ehlers and Panarin..... I havent gone to the Giroux GM with an offer of Strome, do not like how G is trending.... terrible 5V5, looks small and slow.

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Jedi

Well, if those teams are in the playoffs, they're going to reject giving up a key cog for a non-playing prospect. Perhaps a hold on Strome is the smartest move.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Flat out rejected trade offers for Ehlers and Panarin..... I havent gone to the Giroux GM with an offer of Strome, do not like how G is trending.... terrible 5V5, looks small and slow.
    He has looked awful. But I look at it as a buy low. He's too good not too find his groove again, although anything is possible.

If you rejected those offers then you likely value Strome more than most of the other managers in your league I'd guess. Nothing wrong with that but you may have a hard time finding someone who will match your value for him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    He has looked awful. But I look at it as a buy low. He's too good not too find his groove again, although anything is possible.

If you rejected those offers then you likely value Strome more than most of the other managers in your league I'd guess. Nothing wrong with that but you may have a hard time finding someone who will match your value for him.
    I'm guessing he meant that his offers of Strome for Panarin and Strome for Ehlers were outright rejected by their owners. Which is not surprising to me at all. I would expect outright rejections from the owners of all 6 of those players.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I'm guessing he meant that his offers of Strome for Panarin and Strome for Ehlers were outright rejected by their owners. Which is not surprising to me at all. I would expect outright rejections from the owners of all 6 of those players.
    Correct, I made the 2 offers.
    Reinhart and Giroux, I would not do straight up for Strome - G is 10 tens older and no where near what he used to be.
    HUbs and Wennberg I think I would, but not sure if the other GM's would and you could be right maybe all 6 dont happen, but Im in a position of strength with him and no need to sell low.

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Pro

Correct, I made the 2 offers.
    Reinhart and Giroux, I would not do straight up for Strome - G is 10 tens older and no where near what he used to be.
    HUbs and Wennberg I think I would, but not sure if the other GM's would and you could be right maybe all 6 dont happen, but Im in a position of strength with him and no need to sell low.
    I don't understand why you think Dylan Strome is so valuable. Does he have special keeper status as a farm player or something? Every one of the guys you mentioned have way more value than Strome unless there is something special about your league that I am not understanding. Reinhart is going to be a great player and you wouldn't take him for Strome? If the Strome owner in my league offered me him for my Reinhart, I would laugh at him. Help me to understand...

The Great One

^ Agreed.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I don't understand why you think Dylan Strome is so valuable. Does he have special keeper status as a farm player or something? Every one of the guys you mentioned have way more value than Strome unless there is something special about your league that I am not understanding. Reinhart is going to be a great player and you wouldn't take him for Strome? If the Strome owner in my league offered me him for my Reinhart, I would laugh at him. Help me to understand...
    Way more value?Maybe I am overvaluing him a bit, but It's points only(do you see how tight the scoring race is these days)No special keeper status either. i know he's unproven and all these 6 are doing great or have great history, but he has high pedigree and will be given every opp to succeed in Arz.

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Icon

Way more value?Maybe I am overvaluing him a bit, but It's points only(do you see how tight the scoring race is these days)No special keeper status either. i know he's unproven and all these 6 are doing great or have great history, but he has high pedigree and will be given every opp to succeed in Arz.
    How does being a 3rd overall pick give someone a higher pedigree than a former 2nd overall pick. I would take Reinhart over Strome in a heartbeat. Strome may have better junior numbers than Reinhart but the teams he played on scored about 100 more goals per season than Kootenay. Reinhart is also likely to have much better linemates (EICHEL) than Strome will.

Dobber Sports Pro

Please consider this a gentle correction, rather than a firm rebuke.

You are being completely unrealistic about Strome's value, and making yourself look bad to the people you are sending these offers to.

Ranks based on dobber top 300 points only keepers:

Panarin 17
    Ehlers 24
    Wennberg 36
    Giroux 40
    Reinhart 70
    Huberdeau 86 (due to his injury. He was top 50 before it)
    Strome 169

If you can get ANY of those guys straight up for Strome, you would be remiss not to do it. They are way more valuable commodities than Strome at this point.

Note: It is certainly possible that you end up being right and Strome is in the top 50 on this list by the end of next year. That is what happened with Marner. So if you feel really strongly that this will happen with Strome, then trust your gut. I guess I am just trying to say as far as current VALUE, Strome is far below the others. Especially in a Keep 15 with no farm...