Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: D.Strome for ??

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: D.Strome for ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    You should pick up Strome and offer him for Panarin
    Actually I own Panarin (big surprise right?) as well as Ehlers, Reinhart and Huberdeau in that league. Lol. I wouldn't drop any of them for strome... In fact I would drop both Keller and Puljujarvi before I would drop any one of them. They are all much more valuable than a high end prospect or two imo.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    not sideways. an analogy of value. I get you're not enjoying the feedback you're getting, but chill a bit on the defensive side here. We're here to help, sometimes it's tough love.

Your future valuation of Strome is not his current value. You're trying to trade his future value for young producing players that havehigh current values. Those two things don’t normally compute into trades1-1.

So the players you are targeting, due to age and currentvalue are hot commodities. Meaning – it’s not going to happen, or highlyunlikely – unless you get someone who’s hell-bent on a full-boar rebuild.Strome has a ceiling that’s equal to any of those players, possibly above.

For the 3rd time, I think your best move is toKEEP HIM…. I noticed that advice does not seem to appease you or it at least has not been acknowledged as a viable option, but that’s myopinion – and if you’re not getting the value you want for him or believe he’sworth. Then by trading him, you will be doing so for less value than yourperceived value of him. So don’t do it, and likely you won’t get it 1-1.
    Sorry I didn't acknowledge your advice.....yes I will probably just keep him. Thanks to everyone for all the input, a lot of good points that I will consider, some I won't...but hey that's what a forum is all about!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    Sorry I didn't acknowledge your advice.....yes I will probably just keep him. Thanks to everyone for all the input, a lot of good points that I will consider, some I won't...but hey that's what a forum is all about!
    Good advice by Luc and a good choice by you to follow it. Thanks for spurring interesting discussion!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Strome cant skate, just watch the WJC. He will be exposed
    This is highly unlikely. ..why would you expose your future like that? Because according to you he can't skate? Hahah I've heard it all now...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

You misinterpreted the word expose. (I think). Nothing to do with expansion draft.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Strome cant skate, just watch the WJC. He will be exposed
    I remember when the scouts said something similar about Tavares. It went something like "The kid could score but didn't have NHL speed yet" or something to that effect. They questioned his skating coming into the league. I am not an NHL scout or GM, but I would like to think if he "can't skate", he wouldn't have gone third overall. You don't waste those types of picks on kids who can't skate.

I am not saying he is the next Tavares; what I am trying to say is you can't teach skill but you sure can improve skating (if in fact, the Coyotes see that as an issue). If that's what you are afraid of in regards to Dylan Strome, you are going to miss out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

You misinterpreted the word expose. (I think). Nothing to do with expansion draft.
    ..i did. my apologies there.

i still think you're selling him short though. if i recall correctly Stone wasnt / isnt a great skater either, and hes a 70 point threat ( a little friday fun poking...sorry to all those who haven't read any of the previous Stone is a 70 point guy posts). As Axe said Tavares was also questioned for his skating, and im sure there are many more examples.

as for the OP question, i would seriously consider keeping him, not because i think hes better than the 6 he posted but because i think he'll be sorry he traded DS when he will be starting to peak and those guys will have maxed out
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    as for the OP question, i would seriously consider keeping him, not because i think hes better than the 6 he posted but because i think he'll be sorry he traded DS when he will be starting to peak and those guys will have maxed out
    For me it is not because he is better than any of those 6 or even because he will be/might be, but because OP doesn't have 15 better players to keep than Strome anyways. Might as well keep him and enjoy the ride.

Dobber Sports Jedi

here I thought the proper interpretation of expose would lead to criminal charges
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    For me it is not because he is better than any of those 6 or even because he will be/might be, but because OP doesn't have 15 better players to keep than Strome anyways. Might as well keep him and enjoy the ride.
    ..that too.yup
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)