Thread: Have you traded away Letang recently?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Have you traded away Letang recently?

If so, what did you move him for in return? Curious as to what his market looks like in the short-term, might move him out myself and I would like to know what sort of deals are happening for him in keeper formats.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Have you traded away Letang recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    If so, what did you move him for in return? Curious as to what his market looks like in the short-term, might move him out myself and I would like to know what sort of deals are happening for him in keeper formats.
    I tried to trade MAF to the Letang owner earlier this year when Letang was (surprise surprise) hurt. Didn't work tho haha

Dobber Sports Pro

Honestly, I'm keeping him over Klingberg or Johansen and am hoping he stays healthier next year, OR that he goes on a tear next year and I trade him when he's hot. Maybe even in the off season if he looks good during the playoffs. But because I can sub another D in when he's hurt, it's still nice to enjoy his nearly PPG pace when he's healthy.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports All-Star

I have an offer of Tarasenko for Letang on the table right now. This particular league gives extra points for D scoring though.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just traded for Letang, gave up a first round pick (will be somewhere 5-12) and Giordano. I ended up overpaying due to the fact that I'm in second (team 2 in sig), and the guy selling had offers from all my competition, and I probably wouldn't have done it if I wasn't confident about flipping some of my drops for high draft picks. Also, this years draft not being terribly strong made it easier to move that pick.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Giant

I tried to acquire Letang a few times from his owner over the past couple of seasons. When he went down with his most recent injury I pushed really hard and offered him Skjei, Ekholm and Lindell since he was rebuilding and I needed to drop a few players at the end of the year.

He refused and I turned around and sent Skjei, Ekholm and Ryan for Yandle to another manager. I'm sure If I send Yandle his way now, he would probably deal him... Only problem is that I got Yandle at the trade deadline and now we can't make any moves
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm a Letang owner as well and I don't like the returns on him at all Gio and a 1st (5-12 range) is an underpayment - not overpayment. When healthy, only Karlsson & Burns out produce him.

Sounds like it's hold Letang to next season to me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm a Letang owner as well and I don't like the returns on him at all Gio and a 1st (5-12 range) is an underpayment - not overpayment. When healthy, only Karlsson & Burns out produce Letang
    Hehe, I think the people holding on to him hope that he plays and the people that want to aquire him hope that he plays but based on the recent trends, no one is a winner here

Managers won't move him for a lower perceived value and buyers won't overpay due to his recent injuries.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hehe, I think the people holding on to him hope that he plays and the people that want to aquire him hope that he plays but based on the recent trends, no one is a winner here

Managers won't move him for a lower perceived value and buyers won't overpay due to his recent injuries.
    I'm relatively comfortable continuing to roll the dice with him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I moved Ghost, Konecny, and Bean for Letang and Stolarz.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

sometimes you get lucky. I acquired Letang 3-4years ago from another owner who just got fed up with the injuries that year and made a rash decision. I got Letang straight up for a 2nd rnd pick in a 14 team Keep 7 league. It's been a tough year for Letang owners, and it might be worth a shot to try and acquire him from a frustrated owner.

But in regards to the OP, determining market value for Letang is tough cause I think he's worth something different to every owner + prospective owner depending on their risk aversion to his injuries. And it's pretty hard to get "full value" back. He's a 0.9ppg player, but he'll never fetch the price tag for a typical 0.9ppg player.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm relatively comfortable continuing to roll the dice with him.
    2 Questions for you Luca:
    If you only had 9 keeper spots, would you still keep him?
    If you had the 10 keeper slots you currently have, but Provorov would not be considered a prospect anymore; would you keep him over Provo?

I ask because I see the reason to keep him in your format and as it stands, it seems like the biggest opportunity cost is to drop Radulov in favour of Letang. But if the regulations of your pool were to put more pressure on you, would you still consider him as part of your elite players? On my end, I'm trying to land him as I still believe in him but I think I'm now part of the minority... are we on the same page here??

Minors:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    2 Questions for you Luca:
    If you only had 9 keeper spots, would you still keep him?
    If you had the 10 keeper slots you currently have, but Provorov would not be considered a prospect anymore; would you keep him over Provo?

I ask because I see the reason to keep him in your format and as it stands, it seems like the biggest opportunity cost is to drop Radulov in favour of Letang. But if the regulations of your pool were to put more pressure on you, would you still consider him as part of your elite players? On my end, I'm trying to land him as I still believe in him but I think I'm now part of the minority... are we on the same page here??
    Right now my keepers would likely be: Crosby, Kuznetsov, Pavelski, Barkov, Stone, Andersen, Letang, Josi, Shattenkirk& Arvidsson (don?t have to choose until Sept. ? so lots of time to changemy mind and keep Lundy or an extra forward, as our rules are a changing) LetangI would heavily consider keeping in a keep 6 even, so in a 9, yup I?m keepinghim.

I plan to keep Arvy over JVR or Radulov. I get Letang?s been ravaged by injuries thisyear, but with 34pts in 41 games, he?s one of 3, maybe 4 if you include Hedmanwho can come back from an injury and continue that level of production withoutmissing a beat.

In a keep 10, if I had to make a choice with keepingProvorov, I?d be dropping Shattenkirk or Josi before dropping Letang. Injuries or not, I still consider him elite,we?re definitely on the same page here. It?s funny, he?s one player I don?t getany offers on, and outside of Crosby & McDavid he?spossibly next on my list of players I don?t wantto move (Kaprisov hits that list pretty high too)

But yes, given the ultimatum choice of provorov or Letang, I?mkeeping band-aid boy. Provorov could become a healthy version of Letang in acouple years, but I don?t like waiting if I don?t have to. Letang?s got a fewgood years left in him. With all the games he?s missed, I don?t see age 33being a turning point to his production as it is so often with other Dmen ofsimilar age.

I put this in a top 10 Dman thread yesterday?

Tier 1
    Karlsson & burns

Tier 2
    Letang & Hedman

He?s still elite IMO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I picked up Letang at the trade deadline. Gave up Tarasenko and Luongo. Willing to take the risk, even if Letang plays only 50 games next year he brings more in our league format that Tank playing 82 games. Luongo was not a keeper. In our league, letang likely a 2.4-2.7ppg and offensive D-men hard to get in 10 team league playing 6 D-men each. Expect top 65-70 D-men and prospects all taken. Tank likely to get 2.3-2.6ppg. RW guys at 1.5-1.7 can be had on waivers and some close to 2.0 for sure in draft. I made moves all year to get a super strong Defense core. Mission accomplished. Started the year with one good D-man. Now have 5.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Veteran

In our partial (5) keeper, I moved Letang and Stamkos for Karlsson. He was not contending and needed a top forward as a keeper. The inclusion of Letang provided him with a keeper dman as well.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson