Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top 10 Fantasy Defence Keep League

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Top 10 Fantasy Defence Keep League

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    With the keeper format in mind, how long do you think Burns stays on top? he's 32 and I think that he's right on the top of his peek. Also, SJ in general does not have a young core team, declining across the team will start soon I would think (Pavelski 32, Thornton 37, Marleau 37, Vlasic 29). So knowing all that, how many years has he left with elite production? and is it still justified to take him in a draft as our main D/1st pick? Would it be ?safer? or better to take a lesser elite (today) but younger and with potential to grow his game type of D than taking a maybe declining Burns?? I think its important to think long term when drafting in a keeper. Burns might help you win the first 2-3 year but is it worth it? LOL I know it might sound stupid for some but it makes me wonder what you guys think about that factor?
    Anyone? lol
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you're thinking further out than 2-3 years, you're always going to be that rebuilding team. Give me Burns all day every day.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Burns - Pavelski another 2-4 years of real solid to elite production. They're better than last year without Jumbo putting up 80+pts. They're showing they can sustain the decline of Jumbo & Marleau.. at least for now.

Burns ain't going anywhere in the next 2 yrs
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I agree with the other comments. Hes still fine in a 2-3 year window and on top of that i try to never plan too much further out than that or you start to get caught up in that infinite re-build cycle. My only concern is what youd be giving up for him? If its the team in your sig- Burns might be the best play in your whole league- lol! It also pushes Subban, Hedman, or Eichel out of a keeper spot (Im assuming eichel is a keeper over Scheiffele by the end of the year). Your team is pretty well stacked- just curious what the heck youd have to give to land the bearded monster...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yes Burns is the best player in the league lol. Because I can only keep 3 fwd and 2 def I'd try to acquire him giving away Subban and Benn and maybe a high pick.. Because I really don't want to waste one of Seguin, Benn, Scheifele or Eichel.. So giving Benn and Subban witch would be keepers in the other Gm's team might be enough to convince him or not lol?? If I could pull this off I'd have Seguin / Scheifele / Eichel / Burns / Hedman as my keepers.

*thanks everyone for your opinions on the matter

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    Yes Burns is the best player in the league lol. Because I can only keep 3 fwd and 2 def I'd try to acquire him giving away Subban and Benn and maybe a high pick.. Because I really don't want to waste one of Seguin, Benn, Scheifele or Eichel.. So giving Benn and Subban witch would be keepers in the other Gm's team might be enough to convince him or not lol?? If I could pull this off I'd have Seguin / Scheifele / Eichel / Burns / Hedman as my keepers.

*thanks everyone for your opinions on the matter
    Id do it and its a fair offer. Prefer this wy over losing a guy for free...