Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hellebuyck Tonight?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hellebuyck Tonight?

Dare I play Hellebuyck tonight at home vs Penguins?

I have one start in the books this week (Vasi's .94 GAA, .971 save% loss), with two more opportunities after tonight. Need to get 3 starts for Save% and GAA to count.
    Tomorrow night I have Vasilevskiy vs Wild (assuming he starts) and Bishop vs Nashville (doubt he starts)
    Saturday night I have Hellebuyck vs Flames, Vasilevskiy vs Panthers, Bishop vs Caps, if they get the starts.

Really a very poopy week of matchups, I must say. Need to get this right because a playoff berth hangs in the balance.

What would you do?

Note: on Friday I could pick up Hutton or Korpisalo to take advantage of them getting a start due to their teams' back-to-backs, but it would cost me two skater starts that I don't particularly want to lose... I would rather consider this a backup plan than Plan A.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Hellebuyck Tonight?

I would go for it. Helle has been pretty good lately and Pittsburgh has slowed down from that pace of scoring what seemed like 5 every game a few weeks ago.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thx HR. Could be a make or break decision for not only this week's matchup but my chances at playoffs. Definitely stressing on it and probably won't make a final decision until shortly before game time.

More suggestions would be appreciated, and rep will be given for good insights!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't chance it. The Pens have the best offense, and 3rd best PP in the league. The Jets are specifically terrible on the PK.

I'd give Vasilevskiy both starts this week, as they are both at home, and both opponents are sputtering of late. I'd give Hellebuyck the start against the Flames, even if the Flames are (pardon the pun) red hot of late. Helle has a shutout against them this year. Hopefully they will play those games, as I don't see Bishop playing this week. Good luck!
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    I wouldn't chance it. The Pens have the best offense, and 3rd best PP in the league. The Jets are specifically terrible on the PK.

I'd give Vasilevskiy both starts this week, as they are both at home, and both opponents are sputtering of late. I'd give Hellebuyck the start against the Flames, even if the Flames are (pardon the pun) red hot of late. Helle has a shutout against them this year. Hopefully they will play those games, as I don't see Bishop playing this week. Good luck!
    Time to make Vasilevskiy my workhorse already, eh? Didn't figure that would happen til next season. But here we are...

So no Helly tonight, Vasi tomorrow, and then on Saturday its 1) Vasi 2) Helly 3) Bishop.... and cry myself a river if none of those 3 get the start?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Time to make Vasilevskiy my workhorse already, eh? Didn't figure that would happen til next season. But here we are...

So no Helly tonight, Vasi tomorrow, and then on Saturday its 1) Vasi 2) Helly 3) Bishop.... and cry myself a river if none of those 3 get the start?
    Yeah, that's about right. I suppose it depends on who you fear more, the Wild or the Pens? Season wise, the Wild are more dangerous on the road than the Pens, but I also think there are some unsustainable highs that should see some regression for the Wild and their players.

The other thing is, I don't want to get it wrong for you and make you cry...ultimately it's up to you. I'm here to provide you with all the information that I can.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    The other thing is, I don't want to get it wrong for you and make you cry...ultimately it's up to you. I'm here to provide you with all the information that I can.
    Yeah, I get that and I appreciate it. There really isn't a good choice here, just a few different bad choices of which one might end up being good.

I should note that my opponent's goalies are Price and Quick, so I'm likely losing all of the goalie stats regardless of what I do unless his guys have an off week or my guys stand on their heads.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah, even though I own Hellebuyck and want to see him play well tonight, the odds of him putting up a 4th straight strong start are not good. Especially against Pittsburgh. Again, I like Helleybuck, and he has been good in his last 3 games, but odds are he comes out and has another stinker sooner rather than later.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    Yeah, even though I own Hellebuyck and want to see him play well tonight, the odds of him putting up a 4th straight strong start are not good. Especially against Pittsburgh. Again, I like Helleybuck, and he has been good in his last 3 games, but odds are he comes out and has another stinker sooner rather than later.
    I fear you are probably right.

What is worse? Going down swinging and losing the goalie stats because Hellebuyck blew up and got yanked after giving up 5, or losing the goalie stats because I sat him and then didn't end up with 3 starts? I guess I need to weigh those two possibilities and decide which is the lesser evil.

I would probably be the MOST upset if I sat Hellebuyck, he gave up 2 goals or less, and then I ended up not getting 3 starts because all 3 of my guys happen to sit on Saturday.

Dobber Sports Ace

If your opponent is likely to win the goalie categories, in your estimation, anyway, why wouldn't you start Hellebuyck and hope for the best tonight?

I find out more psychologically manageable if my guy puts up a stinker and I lose, rather than losing because I left him on the bench.

That being said, it's a scary matchup tonight and I'm not yet decided on whether I'm playing my Hellebuyck or not (my season doesn't hinge on this, so I'll likely play him).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    If your opponent is likely to win the goalie categories, in your estimation, anyway, why wouldn't you start Hellebuyck and hope for the best tonight?

I find out more psychologically manageable if my guy puts up a stinker and I lose, rather than losing because I left him on the bench.

That being said, it's a scary matchup tonight and I'm not yet decided on whether I'm playing my Hellebuyck or not (my season doesn't hinge on this, so I'll likely play him).
    Part of my problem is that no matter what I choose, it is always the wrong choice. Even if I choose and re-choose and change my mind again. It will still be wrong.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Part of my problem is that no matter what I choose, it is always the wrong choice. Even if I choose and re-choose and change my mind again. It will still be wrong.

I'm also not sure if i'm starting him tonight. Let me know what you pick and ill do the opposite. For now he's on my bench

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think the Pens going to win easy tonight. I would not start him....
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Remember BreadManPanarin we had the same dilemma last time when the game was in Pittsburgh
    I'm starting him tonight! I guess he's our boy so you should do the same.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Remember BreadManPanarin we had the same dilemma last time when the game was in Pittsburgh
    I'm starting him tonight! I guess he's our boy so you should do the same.
    I do remember... he gave up four goals