That's what I was examining when I tackled Victor Hedman vs. P.K. Subban in this week's cage match: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...an-cage-match/

This was a rare cage match in that the players were seemingly well matched yet also had major individual question marks. For Hedman, it's whether his spectacular output this season is for real, or just another jump (like in 2013-14) followed by settling back into his more familiar 50 point territory. For Subban, it's whether he can be the force he was in Montreal or if the presence of the deeper Nashville rearguard corps - particularly Roman Josi - will hold back his production.

Read the column and let us know what you think, particularly if you own either player or were thinking of acquiring them. Does the data support my conclusion? Do you think Hedman's 2016-17 has officially vaulted him into the "best of best" fantasy d-men conversation, or is this unsustainable? And which Subban do you think is the real Subban in Nashville - the player who's been point per game for more than a month, or the one who was barely above a point per other game pace for nearly the first half of the season?