Thread: Reimer+Niedereiter for Buchnevich+

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Reimer+Niedereiter for Buchnevich+

League in signature, although I have a feeling this summer at our GM meeting we'll be removing +/- and possibly adding shots.

The full deal would be Reimer, Niederreiter, and a 3rd round pick (which looks like it'll be in the 22-25th range) for my Buchnevich and a first rounder (likely 5th or 6th overall). The picks are of anyone drafted this coming year, as well as anyone currently on the waiver wire (pretty deep league, so the WW is thin most of the time).

On the surface I see this as an easy accept. Niederreiter and Buchnevich to me are pretty even, with Nino having the edge in that he's already established and is a known quantity. My hold up is that I'm not super familiar with this year's draft class yet, so I don't really know what potential I would be giving up with that 5th overall pick. My goaltending situation isn't as strong as I'd like, and Reimer would replace Ward which to me is a pretty significant upgrade, especially long term.

Again, maybe I'm overthinking things, but anyone who has seen one of my trade threads in the past knows that's what I do.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Reimer+Niedereiter for Buchnevich+

I would keep Buch and your first rounder here. I may like Reimer's outlook for now, but he has never been able to hold a starter's position. So long term I'm not really sure he's a big upgrade in net.
    Even in a weak draft class you can probably do better for a top 5 pick.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)