Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Potential Vegas Goalies discussion

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Potential Vegas Goalies discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Fleury has a NMC so are we assuming that he waives it to become a starter in Vegas? I see him more likely getting traded in the offseason, but as we saw at the trade deadline it's a buyer's market for goalies.
    Exactly. People just assume that PITs protects Murray but forget that Fleury has a NMC and doesn't have to do anything. I don't expect that to happen and I do think he gets traded before he waives it to get exposed in the Expansion draft. I have a hard time seeing Fleury wanting to go to an expansion team. Buying him out to protect Murray is another option but one I am sure the Pens want to avoid at all costs.

Long story short, I think the chances of Fleury ending up in Vegas are slim at best.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

it seems like there no shortage of options for vegas so they should at least have a tandem thats as good as half the league .

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Most of these names I agree with you on. The only two I see a little less likely are Rinne and Reimer.
    Saros is exempt, and I'm pretty sure Nashville can expose Mazanec, so no big worry there. If you're thinking he gets traded, I don't see too much leverage that Las Vegas has with so many goalies on the market, and Nashville in no need to part with Rinne. The tandem of him and Saros should stick for at least next year.

Reimer for similar reasons as Rinne. I think Luongo gets exposed (and not selected) then Reimer gets protected as the future of the Florida net.

So many options though and tough to say for sure. Will be interesting to see how it all play out.
    My reasoning for Rinne is not so much because they have to protect him or Saros, and more to if they want to turn the net over to Saros. There's quite a few articles out there on how Rinne is more of a liability than an asset with how he's played the last couple years, and if it's awkward to make him the backup to Saros then maybe it's easier to just trade him (similar to Murray/Fluery). Plus in a cap world, having a backup that expensive eventually becomes detrimental.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Exactly. People just assume that PITs protects Murray but forget that Fleury has a NMC and doesn't have to do anything. I don't expect that to happen and I do think he gets traded before he waives it to get exposed in the Expansion draft. I have a hard time seeing Fleury wanting to go to an expansion team. Buying him out to protect Murray is another option but one I am sure the Pens want to avoid at all costs.

Long story short, I think the chances of Fleury ending up in Vegas are slim at best.
    "Fleury has no reason to waive"

You guys think Fleury doesn't care about his legacy in Pittsburgh? If he chose to not waive and the Pens lost Murray he would be vilified in Pittsburgh for the rest of his career. He'll waive before he costs the team, whether that's the right thing to do or not.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bishop is also a chess piece, just like the Knights. The metaphor is too good for them to pass up on

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by striderz View Post
    Bishop is also a chess piece, just like the Knights. The metaphor is too good for them to pass up on
    Hehe. Nice one
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I agree with this. Giving Fleury away for free seems like the most probable thing to happen but a buyout isn't impossible either. I don't see him waiving NMC to go to Vegas. He will most likely demand a trade instead and go anywhere but Vegas.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    My reasoning for Rinne is not so much because they have to protect him or Saros, and more to if they want to turn the net over to Saros. There's quite a few articles out there on how Rinne is more of a liability than an asset with how he's played the last couple years, and if it's awkward to make him the backup to Saros then maybe it's easier to just trade him (similar to Murray/Fluery). Plus in a cap world, having a backup that expensive eventually becomes detrimental.
    Completely fair. I can see how that would definitely be something Nashville can and will consider. I think the most likely route though is at least one more season of Rinne while getting Saros into a 1B situation instead of being a backup. They can then hand the reins over for the 2018/2019 season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Bishop starter and Grubauer for backup
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).