Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2017 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Don't draft injury prone stars??
    But Donaldson isn't injury prone :-(
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    But Donaldson isn't injury prone :-(
    I was jk. Everyone is hurt. It's basically a toss up if you happened to draft in a spot where your top guy isn't hurt already.

Im in a 12 team league and the guy who picked 12th/13th took Thor and Bumgarner with his 1st two picks. Like that just sucks...there goes your season.

Dobber Sports Titan

I was jk. Everyone is hurt. It's basically a toss up if you happened to draft in a spot where your top guy isn't hurt already.

Im in a 12 team league and the guy who picked 12th/13th took Thor and Bumgarner with his 1st two picks. Like that just sucks...there goes your season.
    But if you stay a float when they're gone, you can hopefully do well when they're back. That's what I'm hoping

Dobber Sports Immortal

But if you stay a float when they're gone, you can hopefully do well when they're back. That's what I'm hoping
    Here's hoping you don't own Freddie Freeman anywhere.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im thinking there needs to be an industry wide adjustment as to how many DL spots leagues have. This 10 day DL is ridiculous. Im not saying it because Im getting killed by it or anything, but I just think the fantasy community underestimated what effect it would have on how often guys are put on the DL.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Im thinking there needs to be an industry wide adjustment as to how many DL spots leagues have. This 10 day DL is ridiculous. Im not saying it because Im getting killed by it or anything, but I just think the fantasy community underestimated what effect it would have on how often guys are put on the DL.
    I see what you are saying... but I have thought about this and is it any different that prior years? There was always players that were DTD for 8-15 days at a time...

with these players you had to decide whether to keep the guy as a bench player or drop him. It is better this year because instead of remaining on DTD for a long period of time, you now have the opportunity to put them on DL for 10 days. So there is almost an argument that it is better this year than last...

Its just as fantasy owners we get greedy and want to be able to put everyone that in on DL on DL, but last year we didn't think about it cause they were just DTD for a long time!

Dobber Sports Titan

Completely agree with you on that. Last week one of my leagues implemented another slot. Made a big difference.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I see what you are saying... but I have thought about this and is it any different that prior years? There was always players that were DTD for 8-15 days at a time...

with these players you had to decide whether to keep the guy as a bench player or drop him. It is better this year because instead of remaining on DTD for a long period of time, you now have the opportunity to put them on DL for 10 days. So there is almost an argument that it is better this year than last...

Its just as fantasy owners we get greedy and want to be able to put everyone that in on DL on DL, but last year we didn't think about it cause they were just DTD for a long time!
    Maybe you are right.....but then more players must be getting hurt!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Maybe you are right.....but then more players must be getting hurt!
    I think its the same old. I think we as fantasy owners might feel as sense of entitlement when a player in on DL, we feel we can keep them on our roster as a DL slot where as last year we would have just dropped them if they were DTD for a long period of time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Someone DTD last yr would come back at 90% and play after lets say 5 games. But now we have them gone for 10+ days. Plus DTD means you can pinch hit here and there.

I think it's just a weird year, but if this continues maybe the league needs to add in a limit on how many times a player can go on the DL before a league doctor looks at him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Someone DTD last yr would come back at 90% and play after lets say 5 games. But now we have them gone for 10+ days. Plus DTD means you can pinch hit here and there.

I think it's just a weird year, but if this continues maybe the league needs to add in a limit on how many times a player can go on the DL before a league doctor looks at him.
    Ya I think that has a lot to do with it. Plus with the 10 day vs 15 day.....for pitching....10 days is really only 1 start missed. 15 is likely two.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Willing to part with a closer for a positional upgrade.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think I underestimated Billy Hamilton. Only grabbed him in 1 league but he is single handedly winning me SB every week. I know there is fear of him hitting .200....but so far this year he's around .254 and just WOW. 26 SB already! That's about 3 per week so if you're getting SB from anywhere else you're in great shape.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think I underestimated Billy Hamilton. Only grabbed him in 1 league but he is single handedly winning me SB every week. I know there is fear of him hitting .200....but so far this year he's around .254 and just WOW. 26 SB already! That's about 3 per week so if you're getting SB from anywhere else you're in great shape.
    It's his RBIs I'm surprised at, he had 17 last yr and has 16 this yr. Pretty sure he finished with like a 260avg last yr, and a better OBP than this yr.

He only played 119 games last yr and got like 58SB. Even if he plays 150 games, he would get roughly 75SB too. Hope he stays healthy (when I dont play you)

Dobber Sports Immortal

It's his RBIs I'm surprised at, he had 17 last yr and has 16 this yr. Pretty sure he finished with like a 260avg last yr, and a better OBP than this yr.

He only played 119 games last yr and got like 58SB. Even if he plays 150 games, he would get roughly 75SB too. Hope he stays healthy (when I dont play you)
    Oh I don't own him in this league

That's why I can freely talk about him haha