Thread: Epic goalie matchup...what to do?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Epic goalie matchup...what to do?

W-L-GAA-SV%-SO

Me: 4-0-0.98-.964-1
    Him: 4-0-1.17-.960-2

Me: Holtby vs Philly, Vas @ Buff
    Him: Price @ NYR, Bob @ Ott....Sun he has Dubnyk vs SJ, Bob @ NJ

Im pretty sure Im benching Vas....but do I bench Holtby as well??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Epic goalie matchup...what to do?

i would say bench both, he will likely win the wins stat anyways so i would try to make him win the GAA sv% cats
    Multi-Cat League G,A,P, PIMS,HITS,BLKS, SOG, PPP, GAA, Sv%, Wins
    15 Team Dynasty Salary cap league using AAV
    Active: 12 FWDS 6 Defence 2 Goalies
    Bench: 5
    Farm: 10

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Dumba, Ty Smith, OEL, Dermott, Brodie
    G:Rittich, Quick, Cal Petersen, Desmith

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

2021 rookie Draft:: 4 1st rd picks

2022 draft: 6 1st rd picks

Dobber Sports Titan

Bob is likely only going to play one of the games, and they will probably give Korpisalo the easy matchup in NJ.
    Vas vs Buff does not inspire any confidence in me, so he's sitting almost no matter what.
    I would probably start Holtby just because he has been so good. You also do get a 30 min buffer tonight between when his two goalies start @ 7pm and when Holtby is locked in @ 7:30pm. So you can see how they do in the first bit of the game and change your mind if something big happens. Assuming you don't have any starts on Sunday, it seems like you're going to lose Ws and SOs anyways, so it may be best to hope he can't catch your GAA and SV%.

I do have to say, those are some of the best goalie stats I have seen in a week.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great insight...I ended up benching both and of course....2 great games that would have improved my stats. And he benched Price.

To make matters worse in my other league with Lundqvist/Crawford I was up in goalie stats, started them both and now am down.

Dobber Sports Master

Isn't that always the way. I've never had much success when choosing one goalie over another in a one night matchup. Funny thing is I probably would have said the same thing that cost you the win...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy