Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good/Free games for phone (No internet requirements)

The Great One

Default Good/Free games for phone (No internet requirements)

Looking for some fun games- new to the phone game so pretty out of the loop. Dont have regular internet access so looking for ones that dont need a connection. Ideally id really like to find something like an rpg with a levelling/strategy component but really open to anything as long as its fun. So far Ive got cookie jam and farm hero saga (pretty much a knockoff) and enjoy them both. Theyve both got a time refresh restriction though so you can only lose a few times in a row before youre blocked out- so would even be interested in the same type of game so I can just cycle through them when Im bored- lol! But yea anything rpg-like (preferably turn based) or tpwer defense style (plants vs zombies) would be badass...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Good/Free games for phone (No internet requirements)

I too would be curious to hear what people have here. I generally don't keep many apps on my phone. The only three currently on there are Euchre, Minesweeper and Sudoku.

- - - Updated - - -

I too would be curious to hear what people have here. I generally don't keep many apps on my phone. The only three currently on there are Euchre, Minesweeper and Sudoku.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Guru

A lot of the more fun games (ie- Clash of Clans), you need an Internet connection. Offline, basic games like Sudoku or crossword puzzles are fine.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I was just coming here to post Minesweeper or Sudoku. I have quite an unhealthy addiction to Minesweeper actually....been playing it for years.

Dobber Sports Giant

Do you have an iPhone or an Android phone?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I was just coming here to post Minesweeper or Sudoku. I have quite an unhealthy addiction to Minesweeper actually....been playing it for years.
    I haven't minesweeper-ed in years. Back when I had to procrastinate at a professional level I got my expert time under 2 minutes... I was proud of it at the time.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Best challenge in minesweeper is getting your time low, and not actually flagging anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Best challenge in minesweeper is getting your time low, and not actually flagging anything.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Have you played 2048?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Ok well since I'm not sure what phone you have (or even what version), I'll just dish out a list of games that are playable on most iOS and Android phones:

- Fallout Shelter (basically, you build a shelter in a post-apocalyptic world using supplies that you find and you eventually build a small community that you must maintain)

- TellTale games such as The Walking Dead (I love these games as they play out like a visual ''choose your destiny'' book. Each game typically has 5 scenarios or seasons and the 1st one is usually free. The ones I've played are The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Back to the Future and Batman. Each scenario will cost you about $5 and if you buy the bundles they tend to be cheaper, but at least if you try the free ones, it will give you a feel of it and keep you busy for about 45mins-1hr. What's cool is that you can replay it and choose different paths or make different decisions throughout the story, helping shape out the final outcome for each season.)

- Unkilled (one of the best free First Person Zombie Shooters out there by Madfinger Games. If you have a newer device, you should be able to run this game, but if your mobile is older, you can try one of the developer's older games such as Dead Trigger 1 and 2 and Shadowgun. )

- Cube Escape (Like the TellTale games, these have a bunch of different stories to play out but they are all free! They are a mix of escape rooms and hidden objects)

- Angry Birds (There are a bunch of different variations to this franchise but the end result is pretty much always the same: catapult different types of birds across the screen to knock down all of the ''bad pigs''. Most of the games are free but they will charge you for additional levels. Nonetheless, you should still get enough play out of the free ones while trying to master each one with a 3-star perfect grade)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I haven't minesweeper-ed in years. Back when I had to procrastinate at a professional level I got my expert time under 2 minutes... I was proud of it at the time.
    Ohhhhhh it's so easy to procrastinate with that game. I can't seem to get anywhere under 75 seconds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I do enjoy doing it that way too.

Dobber Sports Expert

Bubbles World

The Great One

Yea I love the Fallout series- I downloaded this but havent had a chance to try it yet. Do you need an active internet connection to play though? Like Heyday?

Dobber Sports Giant

No need for an internet connection

Minors:

The Great One

Minesweeper brings me back....boy oh boy. The glory days of the 1-2-1 trick and all the other strategies.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Giant

FWIW, I'm currently hooked on Paper io for the iPhone. Simple yet challenging. You can play vs live opponents or bots (offline or if no one is online).

here's a link to play on your PC/Laptop
    http://paper-io.com/

Minors: