Thread: ISS Top 31 prospect rankings for Mar 17

Dobber Sports Deity

Default ISS Top 31 prospect rankings for Mar 17

The goaltender battle remained stagnant this Month as Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen held firm over #2-ranked goaltender Jake Oettinger. The #1-ranked skater, Nolan Patrick, also maintained his top spot, though Timothy Liljegren fell from #2 last month to #5 this month.

There was plenty of shuffling occurring in the middle and tail-end of the Top 31, with particularly large leaps being made by Joshua Norris (#63 in February to #24 in March) and Isaac Ratcliffe (#42 in February to #22 in March). Ratcliffe?s impressive play with the OHL?s Guelph Storm caught many people?s attention, including that of ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis.

?Ratcliffe is a big, powerful winger and has played well in all situations,? said MacInnis. ?He skates well, with good mobility for a big guy. His combination of size and skills should translate to the pro level.?

Rank Player Position Team League
    1 Patrick, Nolan C Brandon WHL
    2 Hischier, Nico C Halifax QMJHL
    3 Tippett, Owen RW Mississauga OHL
    4 Vilardi, Gabe C Windsor OHL
    5 Liljegren, Timothy D Rogle SweE
    6 Mittelstadt, Casey C Eden Prairie MN-HS
    7 Rasmussen, Michael C Tri-City WHL
    8 Foote, Callan D Kelowna WHL
    9 Kostin, Klim C Dynamo KHL
    10 Valimaki, Juuso D Tri-City WHL
    11 Tolvanen, Eeli LW Sioux City USHL
    12 Hague, Nicolas D Mississauga OHL
    13 Makar, Cale D Brooks AJHL
    14 Glass, Cody C Portland WHL
    15 Pettersson, Elias C Timra SweAl
    16 Lind, Kole C Kelowna WHL
    17 Necas, Martin RW Brno Kometa HC CzeE
    18 Comtois, Maxime LW Victoriaville QMJHL
    19 Poehling, Ryan C St. Cloud State NCHC
    20 Yamamoto, Kailer RW Spokane WHL
    21 Bowers, Shane C Waterloo USHL
    22 Ratcliffe, Isaac LW Guelph OHL
    23 Suzuki, Nick C Owen Sound OHL
    24 Norris, Joshua C USA U18 NTDP
    25 Vaakanainen, Urho D JYP Jyvaskyla FinE
    26 Jokiharju, Henri D Portland WHL
    27 Andersson, Lias LW HV71 SweE
    28 Anderson-Dolan, Jaret C Spokane WHL
    29 Vesalainen, Kristian LW V. Frolunda SweE
    30 Elvenes, Lukas RW Rogle SweJE
    31 Thomas, Robert C London OHL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: ISS Top 31 prospect rankings for Mar 17

Handful of kids in that 15-25 range that I'm really excited about...

Going to be an interesting draft.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Genius

I want to see the Canucks take a center. I hope we win the lottery but were never that lucky. Hopefully some other centers up there can translate into good NHL players.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Miro Heiskanen has been by far the best D-man at the U18 tournament, leading Team Finland to the gold medal game. Anyone want to guess if ISS will finally put him in their top-31? It's just ridiculous how they've gone through almost a full season without having him there when pretty much everyone else has him in their top-12 or top-20 at the very least.

For the NHL draft (real life hockey), I'm not sure I'd take any other D-man ahead of Heiskanen. Liljegren hasn't done much at the U18 tournament. But I'm not really familiar with Cale Makar, so he could still be better. But Heiskanen would be in the top-10 on my real life draft list.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Miro Heiskanen has been by far the best D-man at the U18 tournament, leading Team Finland to the gold medal game. Anyone want to guess if ISS will finally put him in their top-31? It's just ridiculous how they've gone through almost a full season without having him there when pretty much everyone else has him in their top-12 or top-20 at the very least.

For the NHL draft (real life hockey), I'm not sure I'd take any other D-man ahead of Heiskanen. Liljegren hasn't done much at the U18 tournament. But I'm not really familiar with Cale Makar, so he could still be better. But Heiskanen would be in the top-10 on my real life draft list.
    would not surprise me at all if heiskanen goes top 5. I think liljegren is gonna drop big time. makar and heiskanen will be the top 2 dmen off the board, and i'd find it hard to believe teams that will be picking high such as Arizona, NJ and Detroit, that I think all want to draft dmen, will not jump at those 2. heiskanen plays a game similar to nik lidstrom - obviously no one's as good as lidstrom, but very similar styles. i'd be shocked if Detroit passed on him. especially since they have no real top defencemen in their farm system, just a whole bunch of guys who could be second pairing dmen.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    would not surprise me at all if heiskanen goes top 5. I think liljegren is gonna drop big time. makar and heiskanen will be the top 2 dmen off the board, and i'd find it hard to believe teams that will be picking high such as Arizona, NJ and Detroit, that I think all want to draft dmen, will not jump at those 2. heiskanen plays a game similar to nik lidstrom - obviously no one's as good as lidstrom, but very similar styles. i'd be shocked if Detroit passed on him. especially since they have no real top defencemen in their farm system, just a whole bunch of guys who could be second pairing dmen.
    Heiskanen is ranked 4th overall in TSN's most recent draft ranking. ISS is really embarrassing themselves with his omission.

From http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-hischier-i...nking-1.736258

The Finnish blueliner has been rocketing up the scouting charts, moving from No. 13 on our list to No. 4, effectively replacing Swedish defenceman Timothy Liljegren, who went from No. 3 at mid-season to No. 12 on the draft lottery rankings list. Heiskanen is the consensus top defenceman available in this draft.
    Makar is ranked 7th and Liljegren 12th in case anyone is too lazy to open the link.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Anybody want to speculatively "tier" the first rounders?
    One of my dynasties is H2H multi-cat with G,A,P,SOG,PPP,PIM... FOW,HIT,BLK... 12F/6D/2G, 12 teams.

Axeman33 is in the league and will be drafting 6th (then again at 18).
    I'll have a draft pick at 7th (and again at 19).

I'm curious if there's any magical drop-offs in value in the 1st round.
    From my reading:

1/2 Patrick/Hischier
    3-6 Vilardi, Heiskanen, Mittelstadt, Tippett
    I've seen Necas & Glass & Makar & Rasmussen in the next group... some people putting those guys as high as 6.
    Are any of those guys going to be a more solid pick in multi-cat?

(I'm entering re-build mode, so waiting for a guy to develop is not an issue)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Anybody want to speculatively "tier" the first rounders?
    One of my dynasties is H2H multi-cat with G,A,P,SOG,PPP,PIM... FOW,HIT,BLK... 12F/6D/2G, 12 teams.

Axeman33 is in the league and will be drafting 6th (then again at 18).
    I'll have a draft pick at 7th (and again at 19).

I'm curious if there's any magical drop-offs in value in the 1st round.
    From my reading:

1/2 Patrick/Hischier
    3-6 Vilardi, Heiskanen, Mittelstadt, Tippett
    I've seen Necas & Glass & Makar & Rasmussen in the next group... some people putting those guys as high as 6.
    Are any of those guys going to be a more solid pick in multi-cat?

(I'm entering re-build mode, so waiting for a guy to develop is not an issue)
    Heiskanen shouldn't be that high for fantasy hockey purposes. Great real life D-man, not so great for fantasy hockey purposes. I wouldn't consider him at #7.

Tolvanen, Vesalainen and Liljegren are at least close to that next group you mentioned if not part of it. But those guys won't offer too much besides points. Really difficult to rank the guys from #3 to #10 right now, so you'll have a few solid options at #7.

Dobber Sports Deity

May's list should be out soon enough. Will be interesting to see the changes as the draft gets closer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."