Thread: [Trade] Drew Stafford to Boston

Dobber Sports Ace

Default [Trade] Drew Stafford to Boston

Almost free

@Left_Wing_Lock: Drew Stafford: Drew Stafford has been traded to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a 2017 ... https://t.co/VMyqNEY6nI #nhl

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Trade] Drew Stafford to Boston

Yeah, I'm surprised the Jets couldn't get more for him. Oh well, good pick up for Boston. Stafford's no great prize, but if he pots a goal or two in the playoffs, that's worth more than a late pick for sure.

Dobber Sports Expert

Jets don't need him and won't be resigning him. At least they got something for him. Seeing what's happened so far this deadline day, I'm guessing that about all that they could get for him.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rehdaun View Post
    Jets don't need him and won't be resigning him. At least they got something for him. Seeing what's happened so far this deadline day, I'm guessing that about all that they could get for him.
    Yeah, for sure. They're finally getting healthy up front again, with Dano and Copp coming back soon, plus they've got guys like Connor and Roslovic that they might want to get a look at later in the season. There's little to no room for Stafford at this point, and he's not offering much more than the youngsters.

The Great One

Stafford is oodles better than Hayes or Beleskey, which makes the Bruins look smart in a short term but really bad in a long term sense.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Stafford is oodles better than Hayes or Beleskey, which makes the Bruins look smart in a short term but really bad in a long term sense.
    Long term sense in that they never should have signed Hayes or Beleskey?

Giving up a sixth rounder for Stafford is one of the few deals that Sweeney has made that doesn't seem absolutely awful right away
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Great One

Yes - long term re: Hayes and Beleskey.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/