Thread: Too many emails from dobber!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Too many emails from dobber!

I wasn't sure where to post this so apologize if this is the wrong spot.

I recently started receiving an email everyone someone posts in a thread I've responded in. It just started happening and it's really annoying.

When I click the link on the email and disable it, then next time I post it keeps sending me emails. Anything I can do to fix this permanently? It wasn't doing it two weeks ago and I didn't change any settings.

Thanks!
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Too many emails from dobber!

In the top right, you will see settings. Click there and then try and figure out in that section where to turn off notifications. That's a start I'd say.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

TBH it's been around since the double posts... as axe says their is an option on how to customise what you get e mail notifications for so just a case of de selecting subscribed threads (that's the issue - almost every thread you reply to ends up auto subscribing...)

- - - Updated - - -

TBH it's been around since the double posts... as axe says their is an option on how to customise what you get e mail notifications for so just a case of de selecting subscribed threads (that's the issue - almost every thread you reply to ends up auto subscribing...)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

I generally have the notifications and those other settings turned off. The only time I get an auto email from the forum is when I have a new PM in my inbox. You can fix it in the settings where Axe directed you.

- - - Updated - - -

I generally have the notifications and those other settings turned off. The only time I get an auto email from the forum is when I have a new PM in my inbox. You can fix it in the settings where Axe directed you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I believe auto subscribing to threads where you post is default behavior. At least it is for me. I don't get any emails about it though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Settings top right
    On the left side, go to My Account and select General Settings
    The 4th selection down is “Default Thread Subscription Mode” drop down menu. Select Do Not Subscribe.

- - - Updated - - -

Settings top right
    On the left side, go to My Account and select General Settings
    The 4th selection down is ?Default Thread Subscription Mode? drop down menu. Select Do Not Subscribe.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks for all the responses guys. I did find it in settings and it seems to have remedied. The weird thing is I never changed it and had no issue for a long time (never got an email). Thanks again.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):