Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Shattenkirk to Washington

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Shattenkirk to Washington

What makes it worse is that reports have come out that we could've signed Hall or possibly Drouin in deals earlier this year that were accepted but vetoed by Shatty because they were dependent on him signing an extension. I don't blame him for wanted to test free agency especially with what Yandle just made but it still hurts to know what we could've had.

Administrator

Shattenkirk did nothing wrong here. The teams offering for him only wanted the deals if he signed right away. I don't blame him for turning that down if it wasn't to his liking.

The idea that he somehow screwed over the Blues is silly.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

I really don't understand the people who say Shatty looks bad in all this. He has no veto rights and he has no obligation to sign an extension with anyone either. Good for him. He didn't pull a Drouin or anything after all! Been classy all the way through a year of trade rumours.

Dobber Sports Monster

Shatty didn't owe the Blues anything really. They paid him comfortably and he did his time. Blues didn't have him in their future plans as well.

Dobber Sports Master

I think that Shattenkirk handled this like a true professional. He did that for what.... three years straight.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that Shattenkirk handled this like a true professional. He did that for what.... three years straight.

Dobber Sports Genius

This just seems like a poor return for StL and as if the GM is throwing in the towel in some sort of half assed way.

Don't like what this probably means for Carlson though the rest of the year either. He was taking a backseat to Niskanen for PP time when he came back from his injury and Niskanen's a step down while Shatty could be considered a step up.

- - - Updated - - -

This just seems like a poor return for StL and as if the GM is throwing in the towel in some sort of half assed way.

Don't like what this probably means for Carlson though the rest of the year either. He was taking a backseat to Niskanen for PP time when he came back from his injury and Niskanen's a step down while Shatty could be considered a step up.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Those of you who are talking bad about Shatt, you can take it down a notch. He doesn't owe St. Louis or any other team anything. He's set to be a free agent so why would he go somewhere right now that he doesn't want to? He doesn't look bad at all. These are the rights afforded to him by the CBA so he's exercising those rights. There's nothing wrong with what he did.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Deity

Nice playoff push for the Capitals here. There's no guarantee this means they will win the Cup. There's no guarantee he will re-sign with the Capitals at the end of the season.

The Caps are pushing their chips and going all in and one has to respect that, even if it means dealing some youth to try and get that done.

Good on Armstrong for finally moving an asset that wasn't coming back next season and not left with no beans in his hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice playoff push for the Capitals here. There's no guarantee this means they will win the Cup. There's no guarantee he will re-sign with the Capitals at the end of the season.

The Caps are pushing their chips and going all in and one has to respect that, even if it means dealing some youth to try and get that done.

Good on Armstrong for finally moving an asset that wasn't coming back next season and not left with no beans in his hand.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: [TRADE] Shattenkirk to Washington

Yeah, you can't be made at Shatty. I'm pissed and the return and the trades he vetoed, but I certainly don't blame the guy. He's going to bet paid big money in the offseason.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shatty is still a dick. But he held all the cards so he is a hero of the people.

I wonder if GMs have learned their lesson yet on NMC? There should always be an out clause, which would be applied near the Deadline of the last year of the contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Shatty is still a dick. But he held all the cards so he is a hero of the people.

I wonder if GMs have learned their lesson yet on NMC? There should always be an out clause, which would be applied near the Deadline of the last year of the contract.

Administrator

Shattenkirk doesn't have a NMC or NTC. He didn't actually veto any trades. The other teams only wanted the deal if he agreed to an extension, which he chose not to do.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Shattenkirk doesn't have a NMC or NTC. He didn't actually veto any trades. The other teams only wanted the deal if he agreed to an extension, which he chose not to do.
    Eating Crow.

i wouldn't sign an extension either. Thanks for the clarification Eric.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Shattenkirk did nothing wrong here. The teams offering for him only wanted the deals if he signed right away. I don't blame him for turning that down if it wasn't to his liking.

The idea that he somehow screwed over the Blues is silly.
    This, so much this... The mentality that Shattenkirk did anything wrong here whatsoever is asinine. Why are some people so eager to side with teams over players in these situations? It isn't personal, it is business. Shatty would be stupid to agree to an extension just to help out the Blues if he thinks he can optimize his outcome by becoming a UFA. It just wouldn't make any sense for him.

Administrator

Also lost in the shuffle is Copley going to the Caps in the deal. If they lose Grubauer to Vegas (I think they will) then Copley can easily slide in as their next backup.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't mind the deal for STL. A 1st round pick and a prospect who could become a second liner. And considering a majority of reports have Shattenkirk signing in NYR in the off season, so getting anything for him is good.

But in comparison, man did MIN pay a ton for Hanzal haha

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind the deal for STL. A 1st round pick and a prospect who could become a second liner. And considering a majority of reports have Shattenkirk signing in NYR in the off season, so getting anything for him is good.

But in comparison, man did MIN pay a ton for Hanzal haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league