Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Shattenkirk to Washington

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default [TRADE] Shattenkirk to Washington

Shatty goes to Washington for a 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, and Zach Sanford. St Louis might be retaining some salary as well.

As a Blues fan, this has to be the last straw for Armstrong. He's made bad deal after bad deal. Somehow he managed to get less for Shatty then for Hanzal. What an idiot.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Shattenkirk to Washington

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeSince86 View Post
    Shatty goes to Washington for a 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, and Zach Sanford. St Louis might be retaining some salary as well.

As a Blues fan, this has to be the last straw for Armstrong. He's made bad deal after bad deal. Somehow he managed to get less for Shatty then for Hanzal. What an idiot.
    Hard to be a fan when the manager throws in the towel in February. Those draft picks can't help in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Parayko owners rejoice... Walman & Schmaltz owners cross their fingers

- - - Updated - - -

Parayko owners rejoice... Walman & Schmaltz owners cross their fingers
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How he only managed to get that return for he most sought after UFA available is mind blowing. A 1st TD pick and a guy that can contribute now was a must. Yet he managed to botch the deal.

Shattenkirk really screwed us as well. Apparently their was a solid deal agreed with TB but Shatty vetoed it. That guy has always been one that looks out for numero uno so we shouldn't be surprised, but it's still frustrating.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Did Shattenkirk have veto rights, or was it a similar situation to the Taylor Hall rumor where the deal was contingent upon an extension being signed?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by foltzie View Post
    Did Shattenkirk have veto rights, or was it a similar situation to the Taylor Hall rumor where the deal was contingent upon an extension being signed?
    I heard that it was contingent on an extension.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't mind this deal for St Louis. KS looked like a dick throughout this ordeal. Getting a first, second and some change in lieu of a first round exit, which let's be honest they'd be looking at that with KS in the lineup anyways, is not a bad trade off.

Washington looks impressive. What a great looking team.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Really wish we got a stronger return. And I agree Shattenkirk does not coming away looking like the hero, but I can't fully blame him. He's months away from a bidding war and getting to pick his preferred destination to boot. Hard to blame him for wanting that scenario over being asked to sign with a certain team so st Louis gets a better return.
    As much as sports fans defend the teams for making moves that are "part of the business", the flip side is true too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Now it looks like Copley is heading to Washington as well for a nobody player. Armstrong got destroyed in this trade. What a joke.

Oh and the 2nd rd pick only happens if Wash makes the conference finals or if they resign Shatty. So bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Now it looks like Copley is heading to Washington as well for a nobody player. Armstrong got destroyed in this trade. What a joke.

Oh and the 2nd rd pick only happens if Wash makes the conference finals or if they resign Shatty. So bad.
    Team1 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    -
    C: McDavid, Scheifele, Larkin
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Guentzel
    RW: Fiala, Gusev
    D: Hughes, Yandle, Toews, Ristolainen, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Sorokin

Team2 - 12 Team Yahoo Daily H2H Cash League
    -
    C: Kopitar, Monahan
    LW: Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Connor
    RW: Marner, Fiala, Konecny
    D: Karlsson, Gustafsson, Suter, Sergachev, Chabot
    G: Andersen, Koskinen, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't think they got bad value for a guy who was just going to walk most likely in the summer. 1st round pick is nice and zach sanford is a decent player

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Eh, late 1st rounder in a weak draft and Sanford is at best a 3rd liner. Plus Copley going the other way hurts our already weak goaltending depth. Given what rentals have gone for in previous deals and what Hanzal just moved for, this was a bad deal.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't think you compare the value to hansel on this one. For all we know there were a ton of teams competing for hansel and it drove the price up. I look at the hansel deal and think damn did Minny ever overpay, unless they win a cup they will regret it. And I don't see them winning a cup..

This isn't a terrible return on a guy that was walking away after the season, in fact its not too shabby.

Sometimes you take what you can get and be happy you got anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you compare the value to hansel on this one. For all we know there were a ton of teams competing for hansel and it drove the price up. I look at the hansel deal and think damn did Minny ever overpay, unless they win a cup they will regret it. And I don't see them winning a cup..

This isn't a terrible return on a guy that was walking away after the season, in fact its not too shabby.

Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post

Stevie Y said something to that effect earlier today. That they basically had to take what they could get for Bishop because he was walking at the end of the season any how

Dobber Sports Giant

I read that St-Louis is retaining something like 40% of his salary as well to make matters worst. Not sure how credible the source is though; will try to find something more concrete.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Giant

I read that St-Louis is retaining something like 40% of his salary as well to make matters worst. Not sure how credible the source is though; will try to find something more concrete.

Edit:
    Here it is http://www.tsn.ca/1.682855.1488258473

The right-hand shot owns a $4.25 million cap hit this season, but according to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the Blues will retain 39 per cent of Shattenkirk's salary.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay