Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I purchased a treadmill the other day...

Dobber Sports Monster

Default I purchased a treadmill the other day...

I bought it on saturday. been walking 4.5 miles a day on a 2% incline. i split my walks into 3 (30 minute) sessions. Am very tired afterwards. I finished my walking for today now. I just kept napping in between my walks lol. It cost about 780 dollars after tax and was originally 2200 at canadian tire. so far im happy with it

says for my weight that i enter into the machine that im burning almost 300 cals per 30 minute walk

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: I purchased a treadmill the other day...

That's great as long as you don't add 900 cals to your diet.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    That's great as long as you don't add 900 cals to your diet.
    lol no kidding. i start thinking that if i overeat then all that hard work is a waste. i ate 1500 cals so far and just going to have a small supper. probably 300 cals

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    lol no kidding. i start thinking that if i overeat then all that hard work is a waste. i ate 1500 cals so far and just going to have a small supper. probably 300 cals
    Luckily, i've never had a weight issue. I do have a brother in law that is overweight and besides beer, eating late is his biggest problem. So a small supper is a good idea. I do the same now that i'm older with a slower metabolism.

Dobber Sports Monster

Luckily, i've never had a weight issue. I do have a brother in law that is overweight and besides beer, eating late is his biggest problem. So a small supper is a good idea. I do the same now that i'm older with a slower metabolism.
    had about a 500 calorie supper. so 2000 calories should be fine. i dont feel hungry. i was getting down to a decent weight in 2005-2008 but 2009 i started gaining and gaining. i was down to 210 in 2008.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    had about a 500 calorie supper. so 2000 calories should be fine. i dont feel hungry. i was getting down to a decent weight in 2005-2008 but 2009 i started gaining and gaining. i was down to 210 in 2008.
    A good friend of mine had problems with his weight for most of his life. He was actually in the Montreal system back in the 80's for a bit so he was in great shape, but within 10 years, he was over 300 lbs. He dropped the weight with a chicken and gym diet, put it back on and then some, lost it and has again put a lot of it back on, so I have seen how tough it is to maintain a healthy weight. It takes a lot of discipline.

Dobber Sports Monster

A good friend of mine had problems with his weight for most of his life. He was actually in the Montreal system back in the 80's for a bit so he was in great shape, but within 10 years, he was over 300 lbs. He dropped the weight with a chicken and gym diet, put it back on and then some, lost it and has again put a lot of it back on, so I have seen how tough it is to maintain a healthy weight. It takes a lot of discipline.
    when i was 12 years old i went on a mission to lose weight before highschool, i dont remember how heavy i was exactly, i think i was about 230 then i went on a crash diet, lost about 50 lbs or so in 3 months, when i weighed in for gall bladder surgery i was 176 i believe (got gallstones as a result of my rapid weight loss). but when i lost the weight i was probably eating about 800 calories a day, going to bed hungry. it was terrible.

i look back at pictures in 2008 and i looked healthy, a tad overweight but no where near as bad as i am now lol. i was working at a copper mine and doing physical work 12 hours a day (not OVERLY hard) and would eat 3000-3500 cals a day mcdonalds and i wouldnt put on a pound lol....one of my co workers asked me if i was pregnant since i was eating so much

The Great One

Treadmills are like boats.

The two best days is when you buy them and sell them (for a loss)

- - - Updated - - -

Treadmills are like boats.

The two best days is when you buy them and sell them (for a loss)

Dobber Sports Ace

Unless you aren't a rash consumer and actually go boating rather often.

The Great One

Treadmills are good to own, but what many don't realize is they can and do have mechanical issues. Keep the manual and hope that all you encounter is something minor.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Treadmills are good to own, but what many don't realize is they can and do have mechanical issues. Keep the manual and hope that all you encounter is something minor.
    Yeah, it's hit or miss as to how long they last. I bought a Canadian Tire special and have been really fortunate to get several years of heavy use out of it (though a hole is starting to form on the belt so the end of days are near), but know of people who have had problems with theirs as well. The main issue is if they break down they are a huge pain to take back due to size.

They are fantastic to get in time on your feet when the weather is really crappy, or if you want to be sure you're hitting certain paces in training. I hate them so much but use mine a lot nonetheless. A lot of Netflix watching going on while running on it!

Dobber Sports Pro

Good for you. Keep up the good work. Incline is definitely the way to go-- down the line maybe make it a little bit harder on yourself so you don't have to do it as often. Three 30-minute workouts per day is gonna burn you out pretty quick.

Dobber Sports Master

would have paid anyone 100$ bucks to take away my nordic trak.

luckily my wife had a co-worker willing to pay 4oo$ for it and I didnt even have to help take it out of the house .

- - - Updated - - -

luckily my wife had a co-worker willing to pay 4oo$ for it and I didnt even have to help take it out of the house .

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Good for you. Keep up the good work. Incline is definitely the way to go-- down the line maybe make it a little bit harder on yourself so you don't have to do it as often. Three 30-minute workouts per day is gonna burn you out pretty quick.
    next week im going to up the incline on it. but yes i know wat u mean about it burning me out, yesterday all i did was nap in between my walks lol. luckily i had nothing to do that day. got a bunch of stuff to do downtown today so am already done one 30 minute walk and going to go on another 30 minute walk in about 40 mins. going to finish up my last walk tonight around 6 or 7 pm

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lol those things are HEAVY. the one i got i think is suppose to be 300 lbs. unreal

Dobber Sports Giant

Hopefully, you'll shed the pounds and be able to pull this V off

until then though, please be careful so that this V doesn't happen

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay