Thread: New Baseball Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default New Baseball Dynasty League

For more detailed info on the league, visit our proboards site here: http://hardcorebaseball.freeforums.net/

SITE AND TEAMS: The league will be held on Fantrax and will consist of 16 teams.

ACTIVE LINEUPS: The active lineup has a max of 17 players, separated into positions listed below.

1 C

1 1B

1 2B

1 SS

1 3B

1 LF

1 CF

1 RF

1 SP/UT (You may choose a starting pitcher or a utility player for your last active slot.

8 RP

There will also be 8 bench positions (4 utility and 4 starting pitchers) with 3 Injured Reserve Slots for a total of 28 players.

You may also carry a max of 3 Minor League Players (Players with a Minor League Contract). There will be another 3 minor league spots added every year. Until we reach 15.

SCORING: (Head to Head Matchups ? Points Based) ? Matchups are Daily just like the MLB for a 151 game schedule. Playoffs will be 7 days to give it a best of 7 feel.

There?s a lot of scoring categories so I won?t drag the page out by listing them all. Basically every category is based off of runs. You are trying to get more runs than your opponent. You get a point for every 4 bases your team gets. For example:

1 HR = 1 Run

2 Doubles = 1 Run

2 Triples and 2 Singles = 2 Runs

Pitchers can get you runs too by getting outs. I have made it so every position is equal.

Once the league is full, we will hold the lottery and start drafting.

MAIN DYNASTY DRAFT ?: The main draft will be a 28 round snake draft. Every player selected must be have atleast 1 game of MLB experience to be drafted.

MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT ? The Minor League draft will be a 3 round snake draft. Every player selected must have 0 games of MLB experience and be signed to an MLB team. You may not draft a player that has not been drafted into the MLB yet.

ANNUAL MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT ?The Annual Minor League Draft will always be held after the end of the season. It will be 3 rounds. The Lottery for the draft will be held 1 week before the draft. This draft is only for players that have not played a game in the MLB yet.

MINOR LEAGUE CONTRACTS: Every player drafted from the Minor League Draft will receive a Minor League Contract (3 year contract).

Their salary will be based on when they were drafted.

1-8: 3M

9-16: 2.5M

17-24: 2M

25-32: 1.5M

3rd Rd Picks: 1M

A player with an Minor League Contract will not count against the cap or as a roster spot until he has been called up. After the minor league contract has finished, the player is treated as a Rookie and will not become a free agent unless the owner decides not to resign him.

RESIGNINGS: After the first year, players will be given a determined salary based on their Fantrax Score Rank.

The owner may accept the salary to keep the player or decline it and let him go to free agency. If the owner chooses to keep the player, they must choose for how many years up to a maximum of 5 years.

Owners may sign a maximum of 10 players in the first offseason. For each subsequent year, a team may resign a maximum of 3 players. The deadline for resigning all players is October 8 at 12:00am (ET).

Salary Ranks are as follows:
    To find out a hitters projected salary, take a players Fantasy Points per game and multiply it by 20.
    Example: Mike Trout has 0.58 points per game. (So 0.58 multiplied by 20 = 11.6)
    Mike Trout's projected salary is 11.6M

To find out a pitchers projected salary, take a players Fantasy Points per game and multiply it by 4.
    Example: Clayton Kershaw has 2.94 points per game. (So 2.94 multiplied by 4 = 11.76)
    Clayton Kershaw's projected salary is 11.76M

SALARY CAP: The Salary Cap is projected to be 180M. There will be no salaries for the first year of course.

CAP FLOOR: The Cap Floor is projected to be 120M.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENCY: Once a player enters free agency, any team may bid on the player as long as their bid does not put them over the cap. Each bid must be made as the total of the contract.

For example: 70m over 5 years. Each subsequent bid must be atleast 1M higher than the last. If a bid is not beaten after 24 hours then that bid wins the player. Every Free Agent starts at 1M.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY: If a player under the age of 26 becomes a free agent, he will become a restricted free agent. Restricted Free Agents are bid on just like Unrestricted Free Agents. The only difference is, the team that owns the player may match any offer (even If it puts them over the cap). If a bid is not beaten or matched after 24 hours then that bid wins the player.

BUYOUTS: Any player may be bought out. If a player is bought out, his salary will be divided in half and counted as dead cap. A player that is bought out becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. Max of 2 buyouts per year. The buyout deadline is March 1 at 12:00am (ET)

WAIVERS: Any player that is waived, has 24 hours to be claimed.

If claimed: The team that claims the player will also take on the players salary.

If unclaimed: The player will be returned to his original team.

RE-WAIVERS: If a player is placed on waivers by the same team for a second time, the 50% rule will apply.

If claimed: The team that placed the player on waivers (as well as the team that claimed him) will share 50% of the salary for 1 year.

If unclaimed: The player will be returned to his original team and cannot be placed on waivers again for the rest of the season. He will also become an inactive player, meaning he cannot be used and his cap hit will become 0 for the rest of the season.

FINAL 28 MAN ROSTERS: Your final 28 man rosters must be submitted by March 31 at 12:00am (ET).

TRADES: All trades will be upheld initially and reviewed. Just to avoid any collusion.

TRADE DEADLINE: The Trade Deadline will be 1 week before the Real MLB Trade Deadline

PLAYOFFS: The Playoffs will be 4 weeks long. Top 12 teams make the playoffs. Top 4 teams will receive a bye to the 2nd round. Bottom 4 teams will play in a consolation bracket with the winner receiving the Number 1 overall pick in the next Minor League Draft.

If you have any questions feel free to respond to the thread or you can email me at [email protected]

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: New Baseball Dynasty League

I don't think I have the time to be involved, as interesting as the league looks to be, however I do wonder about your positions. You have 8 relief pitcher slots and only one slot that is shared by a SP/OF? What happens to all the starting pitchers?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I have the time to be involved, as interesting as the league looks to be, however I do wonder about your positions. You have 8 relief pitcher slots and only one slot that is shared by a SP/OF? What happens to all the starting pitchers?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I have the exact same thoughts as EB...would love to but just can't commit.

But ya....the SP/RP split is interesting.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Its exactly like the mlb. You have 1 starting pitcher and 8 relief pitchers. Rotate daily giving you a 5 man rotation.

Dobber Sports Titan

That makes sense. Just a little different to have the option to not even have a SP, but I guess you're giving the option of having a DH, is that the idea?

- - - Updated - - -

That makes sense. Just a little different to have the option to not even have a SP, but I guess you're giving the option of having a DH, is that the idea?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)