Thread: Bjorkstrand + Connor- keeping prospect status

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bjorkstrand + Connor- keeping prospect status

Hive mind,

I'm in end o' season planning mode (6th place, no way to move) just before the trade deadline in my league. We can carry over two prospects atop our 22 man roster annually with a strict definition of prospect being a player who has played less than 26 games in any one season. Currently, I am carrying three prospects: Bjorkstrand, Connor and Deangelo. Deangelo is up for good so I have to make room for him, but for the other two:

1) Is it likely that Bjorkstrand (10 gp) will play 16 of the remaining 22 Blue Jacket games? Understand that he has stolen Hartnell's job, permanent? (My sense is yes he's golden).
    2) Is there any chance Kyle Connor (19 games) gets called up during the stretch run? (23 points in 34 AHL games suggests no).

If either graduates, I will likely have to dump (trade/drop) the graduating player or something more established. But I also have a line on Keller as a prospect replacement, which I could do before the deadline, so all is not lost. Question 3 then is whether Keller > Connor or Bjorkstrand within two years. I thinking not, but am usually wrong.

Lots of Qs, hopefully some meat for comments though.

Thanks in advance
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Bjorkstrand + Connor- keeping prospect status

Give me the prospect who Is here now. And who is burried shallower in the depth chart.

Bjork!

- - - Updated - - -

Give me the prospect who Is here now. And who is burried shallower in the depth chart.

Bjork!

Dobber Sports Deity

I will be surprised if Bjorkstrand goes back down now, unless he hits another wall. I can see him sticking it out for the remainder of this season, and from there on out.

As far as Connor goes, I don't think the Jets are in any hurry to bring him back up. He's doing well in the AHL but isn't scorching it either. I can see him as an injury replacement (if need be) but other than that, I think the Jets are good with letting him adjust to the pro game in the AHL.

As far as who's better in two years between Connor, Bjorkstrand and Keller; who knows. All three are considered excellent prospects. If you can keep all three, then that would be the ideal situation long-term.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be surprised if Bjorkstrand goes back down now, unless he hits another wall. I can see him sticking it out for the remainder of this season, and from there on out.

As far as Connor goes, I don't think the Jets are in any hurry to bring him back up. He's doing well in the AHL but isn't scorching it either. I can see him as an injury replacement (if need be) but other than that, I think the Jets are good with letting him adjust to the pro game in the AHL.

As far as who's better in two years between Connor, Bjorkstrand and Keller; who knows. All three are considered excellent prospects. If you can keep all three, then that would be the ideal situation long-term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I am very interested to see if he gets full time top line minutes under Torts...

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

The Great One

Personally if I'm in 6th I look to make moves that keep all three for me as they are the type of upticks that helps me challenge...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Thanks Sulla, that's kind of why I asked the questions. Keeping Bjork and Connor is easy if they stay prospects and I would target Keller for a trade at the draft, but if Bjork graduates to "normal player" in my league, I've got a protection issue to sort out before Thursday. Axe seems to think Bjork is going to graduate, I tend to agree so work is underway to save Bjork (moving Konecny and Dvorak to the trade file) and back fill the prospect slot with Keller (or Barzal)

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G