Thread: Budaj and TB G's ROS

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Budaj and TB G's ROS

I had and have both budaj and vasilevski. Vasikevski is a long term project and keeper for me, so in that sense i'm ecstatic to finally see bishop move on. But i'm not sure what to do with budaj now...i was ready drop him for a bag of pucks yesterday when quick was back, but thankfully our waiver claims only happen once a week on Fridays. Who plays down the stretch for TB? Does one of these goalies take over the load? If it's a timeshare, they're both worthless to me (ROS) as I have to set weekly lineups. What should I do with my budaj/vas situation? Keep both and wait it out...or drop budaj? H2H playoffs start tomorrow....! Ah!

And if Budaj signs an extension to hang around as a mentor for vas, then my long term plan is also kinda screwed.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Budaj and TB G's ROS

I believe that I read that Tampa Bay has 22 games left, with 5 back to backs. If I had to guess on the split, I would go 14 Vasilevskiy, 8 Budaj.

You might want to look to see when those back to backs are, because if they have one of those a week going forward, then you're likely dressing Price and Greiss or Lehner and not touching either of the Tampa goalies.

The Great One

I guess if you drop Budaj what's there to make it worthwhile?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd use the roster spot on streaming other forwards. I only play 2 G each week and now have 4 starters (if you count Vas). I have no bench C's with stamkos injured. My hesitation is if Budaj becomes the starter for ROS, then I would rather keep him as G's are way more valuable than skaters in our league.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd use the roster spot on streaming other forwards. I only play 2 G each week and now have 4 starters (if you count Vas). I have no bench C's with stamkos injured. My hesitation is if Budaj becomes the starter for ROS, then I would rather keep him as G's are way more valuable than skaters in our league.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Sage

Vas had a good night tonight but I'd expect him to remain on a short leash.

If you're looking for a clear cut starter in Tampa Bay you won't find one right now. This could go either way and it's likely Budaj gets one of each back to back plus a few more here and there if Vas has a tough night or two.

If you're starting either of them in a weekly setting I think it's risky right now. Even though I did it with vas this week (I think he starts 3 of 4 this week and liked the matchups so I took a chance with Gibson injured).

If you can afford to hold them both then I'd wait and see how things shake up. If you feel like you get better value in another position id hold vas over budaj short term.

- - - Updated - - -

Vas had a good night tonight but I'd expect him to remain on a short leash.

If you're looking for a clear cut starter in Tampa Bay you won't find one right now. This could go either way and it's likely Budaj gets one of each back to back plus a few more here and there if Vas has a tough night or two.

If you're starting either of them in a weekly setting I think it's risky right now. Even though I did it with vas this week (I think he starts 3 of 4 this week and liked the matchups so I took a chance with Gibson injured).

If you can afford to hold them both then I'd wait and see how things shake up. If you feel like you get better value in another position id hold vas over budaj short term.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I agree with MZac... Unless there is a rush on to make a move I'd rather see what happens first

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with MZac... Unless there is a rush on to make a move I'd rather see what happens first
    Experience is the teacher of all things.