Thread: Which $4M forward in a salary cap dynasty?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which $4M forward in a salary cap dynasty?

20 team salary cap dynasty league. Cap ceiling at $73M.

I have a few options:
    Colin Wilson - 27 - $3,937,500 - 2 years left after this season
    Craig Smith - 27 - $4,250,000 - 3 years left
    Mikkel Boedker - 27 - $4,000,000 - 3 years left
    Patrik Berglund - 28 - $3,700,000 - just resigned for 5 years @ $3,850,000 per season
    Marc-Edouard Vlasic - 29 - $4,250,000 - 1 year left

There's no buyouts or anything you can just drop players at will. Most of these guys are FA in this pool on and off all season but I'm trying to decide who to stick with long term and for the fantasy playoffs...

I'm pretty set at D so Vlasic is kind of redundant. I like the Nashville forwards but they've been so inconsistent this year, smith usually good to score 20 goals. Boedker has struggled all year. Berglund is the most intriguing since he just resigned a lengthy deal which means he's a big part of the future plans in STL. That matters

I really would prefer a RW eligible player but position eligibility shouldn't be factored into this decision much because we have 4 F slots that I could play at. I could use some help with FO% and Berglund offers that and more including PPP and HITs to go with 17 goals on the season.

I have a deal in place for Berglund where I give Dano and Korshkov and get Berglund and a prospect. Should I jump on it? Thanks in advance. Cheers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Which $4M forward in a salary cap dynasty?

I'd do the deal for Berglund. Craig Smith has 6 points in his last 6 gp, but so does Berglund along with his multi-cat contributions.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

I too like Berglund in your situation.
    Wilson is the second choice though.

- - - Updated - - -

I too like Berglund in your situation.
    Wilson is the second choice though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys, went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Berglund deal. He just posted a PPA on the Blues equalizer.

I like Wilson too but, something about the way the Predators use their forwards is strange. Smith gets less TOI per game than Wilson yet Smith is skating on 2nd line and he's the perennial 20 goal scorer of the two. Vlasic was redundant and I actually had to drop him off my squad, I attempted to get a future 2nd or 3rd for him but no sale. I picked up Jordie Benn a few days ago and he does the same thing as Vlasic for $1.1M and has 2 years left at that price.

Boedker has been such a disappointment my lord... Would've never seen that coming, and how about Kyle Wood in Tuscon! Unheralded gem of that trade