Thread: Bjugstad wherefore art thou, and hence do you depart?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Bjugstad wherefore art thou, and hence do you depart?

This guy was a multi-cat stud a couple of years ago, but the injury and Trocheck has put the kibosh on Bjugstad's production. What is his future look like? Does he need to be dealt to another team to get back into the groove. Thinking there would be a fair bit of interest around the league in a big strapping lad like him for their 2C spot. Maybe he is one of those post-playoff pickups you stash at the bottom of your roster for the offseason in hopes of new circumstances? I added Radulov in the same fashion at the end of last season and that gave me a shiny new toy to trade away for something even nicer when I needed it. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Bjugstad wherefore art thou, and hence do you depart?

he'd have to go elsewhere to regain relevance he will always be behind Sasha and Vincent. Unless there is an injury his only use is in leagues with the likes of 14 teams plus.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Wizard

He has 7 points in his last 10 games, so maybe he's finally playing healthy. I believe he wasn't anywhere near 100% when he returned, so we'll see what happens now. He's played wing a lot this season as well, so it's possible he's the Jagr replacement when he finally retires...

Dobber Sports Monster

don't think he will be much of a fantasy producer. the nhl game is getting faster and skating is a weakness of his. probably be good for hits though

Administrator

Anyone think he ends up in Vegas?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

So many teams could use a solid #2 C with size and some skill. He's only 24. I still think he profiles out at worst as a Hanzal, which in multi-cat is a good asset who would be great if he didnt miss so many games. This is presupposed upon him getting the same kind of role and playing time as Hanzal, which will not happen in FLA.

I would think that Vegas is very interested to see if he is protected. Could easily see him being the #1 C for Vegas on Opening Night. You have to think FLA will deal him before losing him in the Ex Draft though.

- - - Updated - - -

So many teams could use a solid #2 C with size and some skill. He's only 24. I still think he profiles out at worst as a Hanzal, which in multi-cat is a good asset who would be great if he didnt miss so many games. This is presupposed upon him getting the same kind of role and playing time as Hanzal, which will not happen in FLA.

I would think that Vegas is very interested to see if he is protected. Could easily see him being the #1 C for Vegas on Opening Night. You have to think FLA will deal him before losing him in the Ex Draft though.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    You have to think FLA will deal him before losing him in the Ex Draft though.
    Not sure I agree with this. Sure they can deal him and get something but they still have to lose someone in the draft. If they move Bjugstad and lose another important player then that's two players off their current roster lost. At some point they just have to take the hit and move on.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Not sure I agree with this. Sure they can deal him and get something but they still have to lose someone in the draft. If they move Bjugstad and lose another important player then that's two players off their current roster lost. At some point they just have to take the hit and move on.
    One would think the Habs would be looking into him. "Hulking top 6 C" is something on their wish list. If they like Hanzal as suggested in the media then Bjugstad must be on the radar.