Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speculation: Leafs and Jets

The Great One

Default Speculation: Leafs and Jets

JVR + mid level prospect/pick for Trouba.

Hearing whispers.

Does this make sense?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Speculation: Leafs and Jets

If the Leafs can lock Trouba up with a contract extension, then why not!?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Makes no sense - unless Morgan Reilly or Jake Gardiner are also part of the deal.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Is this because the Jets need a 2nd line center? Otherwise, they seem to have an abundance of forwards.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Only way Jets are moving Trouba is if they get a young top pairing D-man in return. They already have a strong top 6 with Scheifele, Laine, Perreault, Wheeler, Little, and Ehlers and have guys like Armia, Connors and Roslovic knocking at the door. Trouba has been their best D since ending his hold out and since he is signed through next year as a low cap hit and will still be a RFA he isn't going anywhere witho without a huge return.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Titan

Couple of points here in response to other comments:
    I agree the Leafs would have to have some assurance that Trouba would want to resign here, otherwise this swap is a non-starter.
    Why would Gardiner or Rielly have to be part of the deal? A solid F and a solid D for a solid D in return? Makes no sense. Toronto could use another top 4 D, and Trouba wants to move on from Wpg.
    Jets do not need a 2nd line C. With Scheifele and Little I would say their top centre pair is in the upper half of the Western conference. JVR would fit in very well on the second line, and push Perrault/Stafford down to solidify the third line.

Salaries also make sense, so do age and positional needs. I haven't really heard much on it, nor do I have a strong feeling it will come to fruition, but to me it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Couple of points here in response to other comments:
    I agree the Leafs would have to have some assurance that Trouba would want to resign here, otherwise this swap is a non-starter.
    Why would Gardiner or Rielly have to be part of the deal? A solid F and a solid D for a solid D in return? Makes no sense. Toronto could use another top 4 D, and Trouba wants to move on from Wpg.
    Jets do not need a 2nd line C. With Scheifele and Little I would say their top centre pair is in the upper half of the Western conference. JVR would fit in very well on the second line, and push Perrault/Stafford down to solidify the third line.

Salaries also make sense, so do age and positional needs. I haven't really heard much on it, nor do I have a strong feeling it will come to fruition, but to me it makes sense.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Is this because the Jets need a 2nd line center? Otherwise, they seem to have an abundance of forwards.
    I don't know why I keep wanting to think JVR is a center, so yeah, even less likely Winnipeg would do this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Jets have said all along they would want a young Dman back for Trouba but who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

pretty sure it's Matthews for Laine

Dobber Sports Padawan

Their needs are in defense and in goal so I don't see this trade happening....
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Not a chance. The Jets don't need another top 6 forward. They'd absolutely want a d-man in return.
    For what it's worth, Trouba's proving that he is top pairing material, in my opinion. He looks awesome. My money is on him staying in WPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a chance. The Jets don't need another top 6 forward. They'd absolutely want a d-man in return.
    For what it's worth, Trouba's proving that he is top pairing material, in my opinion. He looks awesome. My money is on him staying in WPG.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I doubt this. At this point I think it's more likely Winnipeg deals Myers than Trouba

The Great One

Good input from both sides.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not sure why Winnipeg would want to move a young potential top pair d-man for a winger that they don't need.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    pretty sure it's Matthews for Laine
    Lol.

You sir get an A for tone and an A+ for delivery.

Well don't. That got a real Life LOL out of me!