Thread: Looking at obtaining Crosby & Matthews , help appreciated

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Looking at obtaining Crosby & Matthews , help appreciated

8 Team, partial (5) keeper
    9F, 3D, 2G, 4Bench, 2 IR - 18 total roster players
    G(3), A(2), PPP(1), SOG(.1), Hits(.1), Blks(.1)
    Wins(2), OTL(1), SO(1), SV(.1)

Huge Crosby fan which is why I want to acquire him.

With the above settings would Tarasenko, Eichel or Tarasenko, Kucherov be ok for Crosby, Matthews ?

My 5 keepers now would be McDavid, Laine, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Eichel
    My 5 favourite players would be Crosby, McDavid, Matthews, Laine, Eichel

I'm only looking at the next 2-3 seasons. Cheers

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Looking at obtaining Crosby & Matthews , help appreciated

This seems like a no brainer to me. I'm personally more keen on the Tarasenko/Eichel version, but imo Crosby > Tarasenko and Matthews > Eichel. You'd be stacked at centre and weak at wing, but presume that doesn't matter if you just have F/D positions.

I'd go for it!

- - - Updated - - -

This seems like a no brainer to me. I'm personally more keen on the Tarasenko/Eichel version, but imo Crosby > Tarasenko and Matthews > Eichel. You'd be stacked at centre and weak at wing, but presume that doesn't matter if you just have F/D positions.

I'd go for it!
    Weekly H2H. G A +/- GWG HAT ATOI SOG HIT BLK STP // W SO GAA SV%
    C (4): Matthews, Stamkos, Eichel, Barzal
    RW (4): Laine, M Stone, Rantanen, T Johnson, Zibanejad
    LW (4): Ovechkin, Kane, D Brown, R Smith
    D (6): Byfuglien, Doughty, Ristolainen, Suter, Gostisbehere, S Jones, M Rielly
    G (2): Price, Bishop, Hellebuyck
    IR (1): Carter
    Keep 2 with <100 NHL games

Big Daddy

Default Re: Looking at obtaining Crosby &amp; Matthews , help appreciated

Wait, would you be packaging Tarasenko + Kucherov OR Eichel to get one of Crosby or Matthews or are you counting on acquiring both of Crosby & Matthews for that package? If you are packaging if exchange for just one of Crosby or Matthews than you are over paying. If you are trying to get both of Crosby and Matthews than it isn't enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, would you be packaging Tarasenko + Kucherov OR Eichel to get one of Crosby or Matthews or are you counting on acquiring both of Crosby & Matthews for that package? If you are packaging if exchange for just one of Crosby or Matthews than you are over paying. If you are trying to get both of Crosby and Matthews than it isn't enough.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a keeper, I'd keep kuch/laine/mcdavid then flip your other keepers. I'd try for Mathews only if the price was fair. But I understand you like Crosby, trading with GMs for their favourite player is usually only good for one GM and that's the guy trading away the favourite player. By no means am I saying don't trade for Crosby but your current keeper are by no means crappy. Could always use Mathews tho.

- - - Updated - - -

In a keeper, I'd keep kuch/laine/mcdavid then flip your other keepers. I'd try for Mathews only if the price was fair. But I understand you like Crosby, trading with GMs for their favourite player is usually only good for one GM and that's the guy trading away the favourite player. By no means am I saying don't trade for Crosby but your current keeper are by no means crappy. Could always use Mathews tho.
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Veteran

DusterDave, I would like to acquire both Crosby & Matthews. I would look at moving two of Tarasenko, Kucherov, Eichel for Crosby, Matthews.
    He would Probably take McDavid, Eichel for Crosby, Matthews. I don't want to put McDavid into play.

- - - Updated - - -

DusterDave, I would like to acquire both Crosby & Matthews. I would look at moving two of Tarasenko, Kucherov, Eichel for Crosby, Matthews.
    He would Probably take McDavid, Eichel for Crosby, Matthews. I don't want to put McDavid into play.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Looking at obtaining Crosby &amp;amp; Matthews , help appreciated

Given that there are no forward positions in your league, I don't make either of the 2 for 2 trades to be honest, Crosby is the best player in any trade, Mathews has shown more than Eichel has, and is younger than Kucherov or Tarasenko....if you can get him to go for either of these then pull the trigger and don't look back...but I am skeptical that this will be enough to get it done, I was laughed at for offering Eichel for Mathews straight up in my league and if that's the case, Crosby is better than the tarsenko kicker...just don't see it working without you sweetening the deal

- - - Updated - - -

Given that there are no forward positions in your league, I don't make either of the 2 for 2 trades to be honest, Crosby is the best player in any trade, Mathews has shown more than Eichel has, and is younger than Kucherov or Tarasenko....if you can get him to go for either of these then pull the trigger and don't look back...but I am skeptical that this will be enough to get it done, I was laughed at for offering Eichel for Mathews straight up in my league and if that's the case, Crosby is better than the tarsenko kicker...just don't see it working without you sweetening the deal

- - - Updated - - -

8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Who are his current keepers? If you move those three for Crosby Mathews (which I don't think it's enough) the only way the other GM even looks at it is if those three become instant keepers. I would personally not move mcdavid for Crosby if it comes down to it

- - - Updated - - -

Who are his current keepers? If you move those three for Crosby Mathews (which I don't think it's enough) the only way the other GM even looks at it is if those three become instant keepers. I would personally not move mcdavid for Crosby if it comes down to it
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)