Thread: Holtby vs Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Holtby vs Talbot

I can only keep 1 of Holtby or Talbot at the end of the season. I'm thinking I could trade Holtby for a great return. Is Talbot that much of a downgrade from Holtby?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Holtby vs Talbot

Keep Holtby. Trade Talbot for the good return.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keep Holtby. Trade Talbot for the good return.
    Yep I agree. Unless you're talking getting a top 3 player I wouldn't deal Holtby and Talbot should net a nice piece.

The Great One

In any scenario like this it definitely depends on the return but in a vacuum I'd rather Holtby

- - - Updated - - -

In any scenario like this it definitely depends on the return but in a vacuum I'd rather Holtby
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

You have a variety of interesting dilemmas to deal with here.
    - very few keepers
    - so the draft will have some GREAT players
    - stockpiling draft picks will be a significant advantage to winning next year
    - failure to make moves early will mean you are not taking advantage of your higher status (bad to give away Talbot's & Max Pac's & etc.)
    - only 10 goalies protected, so it may be tougher than people think to trade Talbot
    - Holtby is only 27 years old and on a proven contender
    - Edmonton is clearly rising, but to playoff team or contender? How much do you believe in Edmonton?

I'm more inclined to trade Letang's or some of my keeper forwards to build draft picks. I think I would try to trade Talbot for bit, before considering Holtby.

- - - Updated - - -

You have a variety of interesting dilemmas to deal with here.
    - very few keepers
    - so the draft will have some GREAT players
    - stockpiling draft picks will be a significant advantage to winning next year
    - failure to make moves early will mean you are not taking advantage of your higher status (bad to give away Talbot's & Max Pac's & etc.)
    - only 10 goalies protected, so it may be tougher than people think to trade Talbot
    - Holtby is only 27 years old and on a proven contender
    - Edmonton is clearly rising, but to playoff team or contender? How much do you believe in Edmonton?

I'm more inclined to trade Letang's or some of my keeper forwards to build draft picks. I think I would try to trade Talbot for bit, before considering Holtby.