Thread: Stl - Berglund 5yr extension

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Stl - Berglund 5yr extension

5 years - 3.85AAV

St. Louis Blues
    @StLouisBlues Blues agree to five-year, $19.25 million contract extension with Patrik Berglund. http://atnhl.com/2lSfnO9 #stlblues

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    Berglund extension includes a partial no-trade clause, FYI
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Stl - Berglund 5yr extension

I guess that's not bad for what he contributes. I always thought he'd round into more, but every time I watch him play, he's pretty underwhelming.

Dobber Sports Monster

A little pricey but they had the choice to A. trade him which wouldve hurt their playoff success, then try to replace him in free agency or B. resign him for a little more than he's probably worth and have much needed stability at center. I think B makes some sense given where the team is.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

I thought that was too long but he's actually only 34 when it ends, so not terrible. I also thought they couldn't afford to keep him but looks like they're in decent shape for next season at least. So I guess this is a decent deal for them.

Dobber Sports Genius

UGLY CONTRACT

These long term deals to mid range players in there late twenties/thirties handcuff team down the road. $4M for a 31 year old 3rd line winger. Yuck!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Baffling - simply baffling. Yes, I get he has size and some versatility, but this is a guy with a 0.38 points per game average from 2013-14 onward, which for the record puts him behind the likes of Darren Helm, Brandon Sutter, Matt Read, Joe Colborne, Jason Chimera, and Andrew Cogliano.....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Don't get it....his high in points is what, 24? He gets injured all the time and otherwise is underwhelming all over the ice.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Master

The way the cap goes, this isn't all that bad. It's expensive, but they took the bird in hand vs bush approach and paid a little more. I fell for his potential when he was 21... they fall for his charm now at 28-29...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    The way the cap goes, this isn't all that bad. It's expensive, but they took the bird in hand vs bush approach and paid a little more. I fell for his potential when he was 21... they fall for his charm now at 28-29...
    I think it was in 2011 when I watched him play at the World Championship and he had a great tournament. He was coming off a 22 goal, 52 point season. I think he was 22 or 23 at the time, and I was sure he would score 30 goals and 60 points next season. He had so much promise back then, I don't know what happened. But I'm pretty happy I wasn't able to acquire him back then because I would have paid a lot.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was also a big believer in Berglund. Quite frankly I forgot he was still in the league LOL.

Dobber Sports Master

I think it was one of those "Moneyball" things... he had the size and looked the part of Sundin 2.0... but he was Antropov 2.0... and even then, Antropov had better offensive seasons... even Bobby Holik did... So... Brian Boyle?...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck