Thread: 2017/18 ranking

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 2017/18 ranking

Just wondering how you guys are ranking your top 10 skaters for drafts next year in standard cats?
    Something like this?

Mcdavid
    Crosby
    Burns
    Ovechkin
    Kane
    Laine
    Benn
    Seguin
    Scheifele
    Tavares

The Great One

Default Re: 2017/18 ranking

Assuming positions count, you still probably need to fit Karlsson in there. Malkin and Tarasenko probably should make the list. Also, do you mean top 10 in terms of performance, or who will likely be drafted within the top 10 spots? That's a big difference, since guys like Marchand and Backstrom likely would be top 10 in performance, yet not valued in the top 10.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Crosby
    McDavid
    Ovechkin (assuming SOG are a category, if HITS are involved as well and were only talking next year then he's probably #1 TBH)
    Kane
    Burns (based on the same assumptions above and only a one year league)
    Seguin
    Karlesson
    Benn
    Taresenko
    Malkin...Laine...Stamkos...Tavares

I like wingers/d more then centers as they are a harder position to fill. Also I would be considering Holtby in the top ten depending on your goalie stats. The top 3 is set, the middle is slushy and the end of the top 10 is very fluent depending on your appetite for risk. Malkin injury prone, Laine sophomore slump, Stamkos how does he return from injury, Tavares is the islanders woes behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Crosby
    McDavid
    Ovechkin (assuming SOG are a category, if HITS are involved as well and were only talking next year then he's probably #1 TBH)
    Kane
    Burns (based on the same assumptions above and only a one year league)
    Seguin
    Karlesson
    Benn
    Taresenko
    Malkin...Laine...Stamkos...Tavares

I like wingers/d more then centers as they are a harder position to fill. Also I would be considering Holtby in the top ten depending on your goalie stats. The top 3 is set, the middle is slushy and the end of the top 10 is very fluent depending on your appetite for risk. Malkin injury prone, Laine sophomore slump, Stamkos how does he return from injury, Tavares is the islanders woes behind them.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Crosby
    McDavid
    Burns
    Ovie
    Kane
    Benn
    Seguin
    Karlsson
    Tarasenko

Pretty much the same as Canucksfan_18 just with the middle switched around a bit
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Fair enough, ya I was thinking in a one year standard league draft. Was just curious as to whether or not laine would make that list.