Thread: TB - who starts tonight?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default TB - who starts tonight?

Rep for whoever shares confirmed starter info first. I missed a start and lost a match earlier this year on late info about TB starter, and I really need this start. Kinda nervous.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: TB - who starts tonight?

Looks like Vas. Tweeted 4 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/bburnsnhl/status/834915557413629952

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Vas. Tweeted 4 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/bburnsnhl/status/834915557413629952
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    Looks like Vas. Tweeted 4 minutes ago
    Nice. Thx! Surprised they didn't go back to Bish since he has been red hot. Hopefully Vasi can put up a wall.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Crazy not to ride the hot hand when you are fighting for a playoff spot. Vas has lost 11 of his last 12 games. Nuts. Tampa brass must be terrified that they are about to lose Bishop and they are forced to put Vas in in desperate hopes he can have his first good game in over a month and bolster some confidence. Confidence from upper management.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling Vas get shelled again tonight by a clicking Calgary squad.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy not to ride the hot hand when you are fighting for a playoff spot. Tampa brass must be terrified that they are about to lose Bishop and are forced to put Vas in in hopes he can have a good game and bolster their confidence a little. I have a feeling Vas get shelled again tonight by a clicking Calgary squad though.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

He played pretty well... That last goal against wasn't his fault at all. Stupid penalty by killorn led to PP where he never saw Hamilton's shot through a double screen.

But yeah... Why you don't ride bishop there, I don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

He played pretty well... That last goal against wasn't his fault at all. Stupid penalty by killorn led to PP where he never saw Hamilton's shot through a double screen.

But yeah... Why you don't ride bishop there, I don't understand.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Granted he played ok. Three goals on 25 shots is still not a quality start though. Tampa management must be pretty nervous right now as they are likely going to be giving up a stud in Bishop for what may still be a bit of a dud in Vas. I know Vas is regarded as one of the best young goalies in the league, but I have to be honest, I have not seen him perform at that level yet in the NHL. He likely will eventually become a strong starting goalie, but I would not say that eventuality is a slam dunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted he played ok. Three goals on 25 shots is still not a quality start though. Tampa management must be pretty nervous right now as they are likely going to be giving up a stud in Bishop for what may still be a bit of a dud in Vas. I know Vas is regarded as one of the best young goalies in the league, but I have to be honest, I have not seen him perform at that level yet in the NHL. He likely will eventually become a strong starting goalie, but I would not say that eventuality is a slam dunk.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, I agree. My point was just that if he didn't get hung out to dry on that one play then he would have a .920 save% and possibly a shot at an OT win. The TB announcers kept repeating that the Bolts were not giving the same effort in their zone last night as they had been recently.

If I am TB I might be pretty tempted to try to keep Bishop somehow... But he's played about the same as Vas overall this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if both would have played much better with more consistency from the team in front of them. Keeping bish would be the low risk low reward option, while keeping vasi would be the high risk, high reward one. Will be interesting to see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I agree. My point was just that if he didn't get hung out to dry on that one play then he would have a .920 save% and possibly a shot at an OT win. The TB announcers kept repeating that the Bolts were not giving the same effort in their zone last night as they had been recently.

If I am TB I might be pretty tempted to try to keep Bishop somehow... But he's played about the same as Vas overall this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if both would have played much better with more consistency from the team in front of them. Keeping bish would be the low risk low reward option, while keeping vasi would be the high risk, high reward one. Will be interesting to see what happens.