Thread: Phillips Myers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Phillips Myers

Should I pick this prospect up? Will he get much if any top PP time over Provorov and Gostisbehere in the future?

The Great One

Default Re: Phillips Myers

Pick him up because he was Buttons 10th prospect in prospects not playing in the NHL.

And he knows more than anyone here.

Unless theres better prospects available in your league and/or you have lots of D prospect depth (Can never have enough of that, IMO)

Administrator

Depends on your alternatives. I like Myers but I don't see him putting up huge offensive numbers.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

you are 100% correct in looking at depth charts when evaluating prospects. at the same time, when dealing with superb talents, the cream somehow always rises to the top. just look at the ducks. I don't think anyone is devaluing Theodore and Montour because of who is in front of them. somehow they'll get their chance.
    myers is developing at a very rapid pace. whether you like craig button or not, he just ranked him at the 10th best prospect outside of the nhl. that says a lot. he'll get his chances when he gets to the nhl.

now, goalies are another thing. can't say that the cream always rises to the top there. it's all about opportunity - talent doesn't always win out.

- - - Updated - - -

you are 100% correct in looking at depth charts when evaluating prospects. at the same time, when dealing with superb talents, the cream somehow always rises to the top. just look at the ducks. I don't think anyone is devaluing Theodore and Montour because of who is in front of them. somehow they'll get their chance.
    myers is developing at a very rapid pace. whether you like craig button or not, he just ranked him at the 10th best prospect outside of the nhl. that says a lot. he'll get his chances when he gets to the nhl.

now, goalies are another thing. can't say that the cream always rises to the top there. it's all about opportunity - talent doesn't always win out.