Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gibson

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Gibson

Dear fantasy Gods,

Please return a healthy Mr. Gibson to the Ducks line up tomorrow. This is killing me.

Yours always,

MZac
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Gibson

anybody think there's a possibility this is more serious than the DTD label they are saying? With trade deadline coming up, they may not want to show desperation in looking for a goalie?

i'm keeping my eye on this, and maybe picking up bernier for the next while.

- - - Updated - - -

anybody think there's a possibility this is more serious than the DTD label they are saying? With trade deadline coming up, they may not want to show desperation in looking for a goalie?

i'm keeping my eye on this, and maybe picking up bernier for the next while.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm a bit worried as well. I picked up jake allen off the wire yesterday and hope for good news soon.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Of course I dropped Bernier 2 weeks ago and have no more pick-ups left......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

Moved him to IR:

Gibson (lower body) is listed on injured reserve, per the NHL's official media site.
    Spin: The talented backstop was merely day-to-day ahead of Wednesday's eventual win over the Bruins, but with the Ducks in prime position to secure a playoff spot, taking the cautious route with Gibson seems like a fantastic idea. This means that Jonathan Bernier gets temporarily bumped up to the No. 1 spot on Anaheim's depth chart with Wednesday's AHL call-up Jhonas Enroth likely to take on backup duties.

- - - Updated - - -

Moved him to IR:

Gibson (lower body) is listed on injured reserve, per the NHL's official media site.
    Spin: The talented backstop was merely day-to-day ahead of Wednesday's eventual win over the Bruins, but with the Ducks in prime position to secure a playoff spot, taking the cautious route with Gibson seems like a fantastic idea. This means that Jonathan Bernier gets temporarily bumped up to the No. 1 spot on Anaheim's depth chart with Wednesday's AHL call-up Jhonas Enroth likely to take on backup duties.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Initiate

What are the chances Gibson is activated and will play tomorrow? I know they were giving him the bye week to rest, want to get him back in if he's good to go. No news out there.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Sage

I can't find anything. I ended up starting vas this week and so far so good. I need good news on Gibson by Sunday...

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I could swear I read that he skated this week but maybe I dreamt it lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber Sports Padawan

So I guess he's going on the bench for my team this week...

I don't take a chance on him playing...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd really like to start him next week over my other options. Need to know by tomorrow at 330pm PST (Monday). If anyone hears anything...

I find the Ducks are one of the worst teams to provide updates on their players. Always last minute.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bernier in net on Sunday night...

Jonathan Bernier (10-6-2, 2.89 GAA, .904 SV%) is getting regular work as John Gibson remains sidelined due to a lower-body muscle issue. Bernier will make his fifth straight start after stopping 37 shots Friday in the Ducks’ 5-2 win over Toronto.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Master

This is the reason why I'm even considering trading Gibson. He spends time on the IR every year. And I agree that the Ducks are one of the worst teams for keeping their fans updated about injured players.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

John Gibson hasn't resumed practicing yet due to a muscle strain.
    Gibson has missed four straight games and won't be able to return on Tuesday. His status for the Ducks' upcoming two-game road trip on Thursday and Friday also remains in question. The good news is that he did skate on his own Monday, so he's showing some signs of progress.
    Source: Orange County Register

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just an update:
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/...308-story.html
    http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hoc...-on-road-trip/

Gibson is travelling with the team. Not sure of return yet
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto