Thread: MacKinnon for Monahan - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default MacKinnon for Monahan - I'll Rep

I owned Monahan last year and moved him for 2 picks. I've owned MacK since his rookie season, but he's a 2 year this season, so I only have him for this year and next at most. Would you trade MacK to get Monahan, or hold off and ride it out with MacKinnon? If I acquire Monahan, I can sign him to 4, and sign any of Wheeler, Hedman or Price to 1 year:

Then, I would head into next year with Monahan, Kuzy, Hall and Wheeler/Hedman/Price?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: MacKinnon for Monahan - I'll Rep

If you are going to lose Mack next year anyway I would do it. Doubtful Colorado will have much of a team next year. Maybe throw it out there that he is available and listen to some offers before anything though

Dobber Sports Pro

I wasn't sure about 1 for 1, so he countered with Johansen + Monahan + 4th in 2018 for MacKinnon + 3rd. It'll give me an excess of keeper options: I have Kuzy and Hall locked in, and then I'll have 2 open slots for Wheeler, Monahan, Johansen, Hedman basically. I'll probably trade whoever I can get most for, and move the others.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Giant

Holy smokes, the counter offer on his part is grand larceny! Run away with it; MacK is good but that offer is great for you!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Holy smokes, the counter offer on his part is grand larceny! Run away with it; MacK is good but that offer is great for you!
    Ha ha yeah hey? So basically i'm moving down 1 round, but gaining 2 keepers. If anything, I can hold onto both, or trade 1 of them and keep the other! I can even package 1 with Huberdeau if need be, and sign Wheeler still!

Who would you drop if you bring those 2 on: my options are really only Domi and Hornqvist, because i don't want to drop my back up goalie.

Do you think Monahan and Johansen project to be good keepers going forward?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Ha ha yeah hey? So basically i'm moving down 1 round, but gaining 2 keepers. If anything, I can hold onto both, or trade 1 of them and keep the other! I can even package 1 with Huberdeau if need be, and sign Wheeler still!

Who would you drop if you bring those 2 on: my options are really only Domi and Hornqvist, because i don't want to drop my back up goalie.

Do you think Monahan and Johansen project to be good keepers going forward?
    Based on your potential keepers (Monahan-4y, Kuzy, Hall and Price-1y would be my 4), I don't think there is room for RyJo here so ideally, you would need to flip him before keepers are selected.

As for drops, I'm OK with Domi since you are upgrading your squad with the addition of Monahan and Johansen. I'm not sure I get why you have to drop Hornqvist though as you are bringing in 2 players while sending 1 back (only 1 drop, no?)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Based on your potential keepers (Monahan-4y, Kuzy, Hall and Price-1y would be my 4), I don't think there is room for RyJo here so ideally, you would need to flip him before keepers are selected.

As for drops, I'm OK with Domi since you are upgrading your squad with the addition of Monahan and Johansen. I'm not sure I get why you have to drop Hornqvist though as you are bringing in 2 players while sending 1 back (only 1 drop, no?)
    I can flip whoever makes the most sense really. If Johansen proves to be the better keeper in the final stretch of the season, and if I can get a better return for Monahan, I'll move him, and vise versa. I don't have to drop 2 guys, just 1. I'm just saying i'm thinner at lw, so maybe keep Domi? I think Schneider is the best guy to drop, because I own Price who will play the majority of the starts I have left. If I need a goalie at the end of the season to make up any games, I can just drop a non-keeper level forward and spot start a guy then?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax