Thread: Will the Real Ben Bishop Please Stand Up

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Will the Real Ben Bishop Please Stand Up

Is he back? Or does he regress back to earlier this season before the past month. His performance will force my hand one way or the other to either stand pat with my squad or make a blockbuster deal to acquire a #1. One of the contenders just sent Matthews/Greiss out for Price to pair with Bob so I am thinking I am insufficient compared to his duo and luck always seems to match us up in round 1 like past 2 seasons which I wiped the floor with him so he is due. He also has serious goal scoring depth, he's that guy that drafts solid players that go off for above norm seasons (Jeff Carter).
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Will the Real Ben Bishop Please Stand Up

2013-14 .924 Save%
    2014-15 .916 Save%
    2015-16 .926 Save%

2016-17:
    October .880 Save%
    November .916 Save%
    December .922 Save%
    January .893 Save%
    February to date .954 Save%

I'm going to say that October 2016 and January 2017 are the outliers, and the real Bishop is a .921 +- .005 goalie just like the last 3 years plus November and December 2016 suggest. February thus far has been the beginning of the positive regression, and I bet he ends 2016-17 somewhere between .915 and .920 save% when all is said and done.

Dobber Sports Superstar

thanks for this BreadMan; looking at it broken down into month to month format alleviates my concern, I hope those outliers stay the only ones and here forth he produces as you predict. I ran a report for him from start of new year and has 10 starts 7 wins, 2.05 GAA and .922 SV%
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    thanks for this BreadMan; looking at it broken down into month to month format alleviates my concern, I hope those outliers stay the only ones and here forth he produces as you predict. I ran a report for him from start of new year and has 10 starts 7 wins, 2.05 GAA and .922 SV%
    No problem Bud. Sometimes breaking it down like that helps to see if a guy has been inconsistent, or consistently bad. In Bishop's case you've got yourself a real good goalie who struggled with some inconsistency. Hopefully he will be a rock for you from here on out.

Banned

Doubtful, Tampa stinks and he will be traded soon enough

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    2013-14 .924 Save%
    2014-15 .916 Save%
    2015-16 .926 Save%

2016-17:
    October .880 Save%
    November .916 Save%
    December .922 Save%
    January .893 Save%
    February to date .954 Save%

I'm going to say that October 2016 and January 2017 are the outliers, and the real Bishop is a .921 +- .005 goalie just like the last 3 years plus November and December 2016 suggest. February thus far has been the beginning of the positive regression, and I bet he ends 2016-17 somewhere between .915 and .920 save% when all is said and done.
    This is a great post. I'd rep you BreadMan, but apparently I have to rep others before repping you again!

I'm onboard with the BreadMan's line of thinking here. I think Bishop will finish strongly, though if he does get traded, who knows!? I think the likelihood of Bishop being dealt at the deadline is relatively small (20% if I had to put a number to it).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    This is a great post. I'd rep you BreadMan, but apparently I have to rep others before repping you again!
    Thx Comish.

The Great One

I think he is back and Tampa are in a situation where they need to ride someone (him) or fear missing the play offs. I've said for a week or two now that I think it's the last stop to get on Bishop before the season ends so all aboard!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...shop-deadline/

For whatever this is worth, if anything...

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/chances-high-lightning-will-trade-ben-bishop-deadline/

For whatever this is worth, if anything...