Thread: PL Dubois or Kaprisov- Bigger Impact next year?

The Great One

Default PL Dubois or Kaprisov- Bigger Impact next year?

Im just curious who you guys prefer? If I keep either guy Im looking for at least a realistic 50ish points by next season (plausible?)- and interested who you guys think has the hihgher upside and chance of reaching it?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: PL Dubois or Kaprisov- Bigger Impact next year?

Kaprisov will still be in the KHL next season (2017-18), so I would go with Dubois. Also with the higher draft pedigree he will be given more opportunity than KK.

But higher upside and chance of reaching it I give to KK. I am a big fan, and a lot of PLD's play this year has left me not too high on him (pre-CHL trade)
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Initiate

PLD next year. Kaprizov every year after

Dobber Sports Stud

I very much doubt PLD will hit 50 next season. If he even makes the team, 30 points should be seen as a quality campaign.

Kaprizov is another year away from crossing and I suspect a little time in the AHL will occur, even if he break camp with the big club. He's got a very high ceiling down the line especially if he can partner up with Eriksson-Ek. Those two could be dynamic.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Giant

PLD for me next year. If you are looking long term, both can be special players but I still give the edge to Dubois
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am excited for what Kaprisov is doing against men in the KHL... I think he is your best bet whenever he comes over.

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's enough threads and comments on here stating Kaprizov is under contract next season in the KHL... should this even be a question? One has a chance to play in the NHL - PLD. One does not - KK

In terms of long term upside. Kaprizov for me - offensively, hands down.

PLD will find his value in multi-cat leagues.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    There's enough threads and comments on here stating Kaprizov is under contract next season in the KHL... should this even be a question? One has a chance to play in the NHL - PLD. One does not - KK

In terms of long term upside. Kaprizov for me - offensively, hands down.

PLD will find his value in multi-cat leagues.
    Yea sorry mb. I have limited internet access and saw a few of them almost right after I posted this. Nice feedback throughout the thread though anyways though- appreciated. I own PL Dubois and have him temporarily slated as my last keeper- but I dont really know what to make of him (sudden surge/surprise in draft stock- slow ass start followed by decent hot streak post trade- Wennbergs emergence on CLB).

Dobber Sports Stud

next year, by default the answer is PLD, since kaprizov won't be coming over till the year after. after that is another story. most posters here are giving the edge to kaprizov, but personally, I still believe in dubois. he had a rough start to the season, but after getting traded in the QMJHL he's taken off. both could wind up with similar offensive upside, so if it's multi-cat, there should be a nice size edge to dubois. points only it's pretty close, maybe a coin flip.
    but you shouldn't expect 50 points from PLD next year. besides for the fact that rookies rarely explode offensively, the jackets have lots of options on offense, so dubois won't get top line minutes like some of this year's rookies got (Matthews, marner, nylander, laine, etc.).

- - - Updated - - -

next year, by default the answer is PLD, since kaprizov won't be coming over till the year after. after that is another story. most posters here are giving the edge to kaprizov, but personally, I still believe in dubois. he had a rough start to the season, but after getting traded in the QMJHL he's taken off. both could wind up with similar offensive upside, so if it's multi-cat, there should be a nice size edge to dubois. points only it's pretty close, maybe a coin flip.
    but you shouldn't expect 50 points from PLD next year. besides for the fact that rookies rarely explode offensively, the jackets have lots of options on offense, so dubois won't get top line minutes like some of this year's rookies got (Matthews, marner, nylander, laine, etc.).

Dobber Sports Deity

A lot of people are down on PLD because of a questionable showing at the WJC. I take little stock in that tournament when it comes to an overall look at a prospect.

I am still quite high on PLD long-term and it won't surprise me one bit if he isn't the better player long-term comparing him to Kaprizov.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people are down on PLD because of a questionable showing at the WJC. I take little stock in that tournament when it comes to an overall look at a prospect.

I am still quite high on PLD long-term and it won't surprise me one bit if he isn't the better player long-term comparing him to Kaprizov.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."