Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Craig Button's Top 50 NHL-Affiliated Prospects NOT in the NHL

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Craig Button's Top 50 NHL-Affiliated Prospects NOT in the NHL

I think Chabot was a beast at the WJC but as I've said many times, I take the WJC performances (good and bad) with a grain of salt.

I am not saying Chabot is too high on the list but I dont use the WJC as my gauge for ranking prospects.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Chabot was a beast at the WJC but as I've said many times, I take the WJC performances (good and bad) with a grain of salt.

I am not saying Chabot is too high on the list but I dont use the WJC as my gauge for ranking prospects.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

sure, but winning MVP is a rare feat for a d-man and is a great sign for his future.

Dobber Sports Master

I think Subban's performance at the 2009 WJC was much, much more dominant. On reflection, Chabot was probably the best defenceman in the tournament, so I suppose you could call that dominant, but he didn't jump out at me like a man among children the way Subban did in 2009. Oh well. Still a great prospect of course.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I think Subban's performance at the 2009 WJC was much, much more dominant. On reflection, Chabot was probably the best defenceman in the tournament, so I suppose you could call that dominant, but he didn't jump out at me like a man among children the way Subban did in 2009. Oh well. Still a great prospect of course.
    Chabot was definitely dominant in that tournament. Not just a flashy offensive D-man, his all-around game was really impressive. I think he will end up playing very big minutes at the NHL level once he establishes himself there. McAvoy was also great in the tournament defensively but Chabot matched him defensively and then also added much more offensively which was the most impressive thing about him. Not very many young D-men are so mature and good both defensively and offensively at such a young age.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Chabot was definitely dominant in that tournament. Not just a flashy offensive D-man, his all-around game was really impressive. I think he will end up playing very big minutes at the NHL level once he establishes himself there. McAvoy was also great in the tournament defensively but Chabot matched him defensively and then also added much more offensively which was the most impressive thing about him. Not very many young D-men are so mature and good both defensively and offensively at such a young age.
    Doughty springs to mind as the last one...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

I sure hope so JP. He remains undrafted in one of my leagues and he is definitely a target. It's the "once he established himself there" that has me thinking about him. I think he will be a bit of a wait. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but he didn't stand out in the way some others did at the same age (like Subban that I mentioned, or Doughty that luca did). I would look forward to being proven wrong.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Banned

i know I',m biased but I'm not trying to be a homer here...I really don't know how he didn't stand out to you. He played huge minutes and simply carved the competition every game. To me he was definitely better than Subban in 09 (I saw all the games live) who wasn't as good as Karlsson in that tournament. Subban also had a much, much better squad to play with. Chabot was not only the best defenseman, but the best player overall.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    i know I',m biased but I'm not trying to be a homer here...I really don't know how he didn't stand out to you. He played huge minutes and simply carved the competition every game. To me he was definitely better than Subban in 09 (I saw all the games live) who wasn't as good as Karlsson in that tournament. Subban also had a much, much better squad to play with. Chabot was not only the best defenseman, but the best player overall.
    I agree that Chabot was the best player on Team Canada given his medal round I honestly didn't watch enough of the tournament to comfortably say he was the best player in the entire tournament. Kaprizov, McAvoy, and Nylander had good tournaments too.

Dobber Sports Master

Ev, I know Chabot had a good tournament, but maybe it was a weak tournament overall, it just didn't seem to sport the same level of talent of years past. The skating was weaker, the competition was weaker..and so even if Chabot was the best D amongst them, IMO he didn't stand out to me as a dominant player. We see different things, it's ok, but in my mind, he did not look like the Karlssons..Subbans and even Ristolainens of these tournaments.. To you he did.. Agree to disagree. It's a forum. We don't need consensus. Just my opinion . Too bad he was ineligible for Bingo, as I would have loved to see some cups of coffee in the Bigs or a full year against men instead of another season against teenagers.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Ev, I know Chabot had a good tournament, but maybe it was a weak tournament overall, it just didn't seem to sport the same level of talent of years past. The skating was weaker, the competition was weaker..and so even if Chabot was the best D amongst them, IMO he didn't stand out to me as a dominant player. We see different things, it's ok, but in my mind, he did not look like the Karlssons..Subbans and even Ristolainens of these tournaments.. To you he did.. Agree to disagree. It's a forum. We don't need consensus. Just my opinion . Too bad he was ineligible for Bingo, as I would have loved to see some cups of coffee in the Bigs or a full year against men instead of another season against teenagers.
    He was named the MVP of the entire tournament. Not just d-men. To me, this isn't about opinions or seeing different things. It's pretty black and white that he was dominant.

Dobber Sports Wizard

How about Myers at #10? He's the 3rd highest rated dman behind Chabot and MacAvoy. He could play in the NHL next year. The Flyers have a couple of UFA likely departures so there'll be room.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I wish we had a updated list.. I'd love to hear who would be the top 10 of NHL prospects not currently playing in the NHL!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Craig Button guested on the DobberProspects podcast to discuss his top 50 prospects with us as well as the March Craig's List and shared some scouting tips.
    Listen, subscribe, drop a review to help the show
    http://www.dobberprospects.com/dpr14/
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pharling View Post
    Craig Button guested on the DobberProspects podcast to discuss his top 50 prospects with us as well as the March Craig's List and shared some scouting tips.
    That's some excellent stuff. Love his input on kids like Liljegren, Hague and Tippett for the upcoming draft. He actually see's these kids play and isn't just spewing out names based on numbers. He's offering his opinion on what he sees as a scout and isn't afraid to call out these kids compared to others and how he see's them as future NHL players. That was 40 minutes spent well IMO.

I love his quote near the end "just because you believe something doesn't mean you are right about it".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pharling View Post
    Great job getting Button there!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's some excellent stuff. Love his input on kids like Liljegren, Hague and Tippett for the upcoming draft. He actually see's these kids play and isn't just spewing out names based on numbers. He's offering his opinion on what he sees as a scout and isn't afraid to call out these kids compared to others and how he see's them as future NHL players. That was 40 minutes spent well IMO.

I love his quote near the end "just because you believe something doesn't mean you are right about it".
    I totally agree with this, very enjoyable show.