Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Craig Button's Top 50 NHL-Affiliated Prospects NOT in the NHL

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Craig Button's Top 50 NHL-Affiliated Prospects NOT in the NHL

I especially enjoyed the story of Stevie Y scouting Brayden point two years before he was draft eligible. shows just how smart yzerman is.

these podcasts are great. my only complaint in the last one was that it had to end! button gave some great perspectives on some of the draft trends, such as liljegren's fall, and even in a very short 2-3 minute discussion, really explained why he likes or doesn't like the top goalies in the draft.

it was funny hearing him talk about fantasy hockey - "by fantasy, I get you guys mean who's gonna get the most points". well, not necessarily, but give him points for trying. this guy doesn't have time to know what a multi-cat fantasy league is! if miro heiskanen turns into ryan mcdonagh, then he'll be pretty darn good in multi-cat leagues.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I especially enjoyed the story of Stevie Y scouting Brayden point two years before he was draft eligible. shows just how smart yzerman is.

these podcasts are great. my only complaint in the last one was that it had to end! button gave some great perspectives on some of the draft trends, such as liljegren's fall, and even in a very short 2-3 minute discussion, really explained why he likes or doesn't like the top goalies in the draft.

it was funny hearing him talk about fantasy hockey - "by fantasy, I get you guys mean who's gonna get the most points". well, not necessarily, but give him points for trying. this guy doesn't have time to know what a multi-cat fantasy league is! if miro heiskanen turns into ryan mcdonagh, then he'll be pretty darn good in multi-cat leagues.
    I do think Heiskanen has some offensive upside as shown by Team Finland who decided to use him on the PP instead of Juuso Valimaki at the WJC. But I also really liked the Vlasic/McDonagh projection. Both have offensive skills but are more focused on the defensive side of things and won't produce huge points (especially without PP time). McDonagh had 33 and 34 points these past 2 years when he didn't have this much PP time.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Anyone bold enough to infuse this years draft into this list?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
    Honestly I think only Hischier and Patrick would make the list. There is a great deal of variance among the various scouts and pundits about who falls into line & where from 3rd on down. Still alot of unknowns in this years draft so its hard to rank the others inside of that elite list.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That would be wonderful!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
    A few months ago the Hockey News released a new prospect special edition called Prospects Unliminted.
    It included prospects drafted, and underrated.
    Ryan Kennedy from THN cam on the DobberProspects podcast listen here
    http://www.dobberprospects.com/dpr05/
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling