Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dare I deal Mcdavid?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Dare I deal Mcdavid?

Hey guys,
    My first post. I'm not sure what to do here. 14 team keeper league, I'm comfortably in 2nd and looking to get ready for the playoffs. I think My biggest weakness is goaltending. Started talks with a guy for Holtby and of course he wants Mcdavid. I said no right away then started thinking and asked him what he thought of Mcdavid/Vasilevsky for Holtby/Kuznetsov/Hayes. He said he just may do that but wanted to think about it. A few hours later he came back with Mcd/Vasilevsky/E.Kane for said players^. I haven't responded yet. This is a def no IMO. I figure he's just starting high knowing I won't do that deal. I have a feeling he will do the original deal or close to it -maybe I throw in a pick?
    but
    I'm still not even sure I should do the original deal. It would def give me an edge heading into the playoffs I think.. but losing Mcdavid forever..idk.

What do you guys think?
    Yahoo Keeper league. 14 teams h2h Cats. Start 2 C/lw/rw/3D/2G/1utl daily.
    Keep 8.
    Scoring Cats:G-A-Pts-ppp-gwg-(+/-) -sog-fw-hits-blk / W-L-Gaa-sv%-Sho.

-Mcdavid, Trocheck, zibby, Seguin
    Lindholm, pavelski, zucker, smith
    Rakell, Jenner, Meier
    Klingberg, provorov, Barrie, green, muzzin
    vasilevskiy, Allen

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Dare I deal Mcdavid?

Nope nope and nope.

You have correctly identified your problem but you need to find another way to bolster your G.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope nope and nope.

You have correctly identified your problem but you need to find another way to bolster your G.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sage

I need two stand out stars and another piece before I even consider giving up McDavid. His price is ridiculously high because he is the best keeper available.

I'd want Holtby and a karlsson/burns/Malkin/tarasenko/Mathews etc and another piece. And I'd only be sending back players that I'd have to drop.

Again, I know it's a ridiculous price but u have the best player and if someone else wants him you make them pay. If they won't pay keep the best player.

I don't do the original trade, not enough. I keep McDavid.

- - - Updated - - -

I need two stand out stars and another piece before I even consider giving up McDavid. His price is ridiculously high because he is the best keeper available.

I'd want Holtby and a karlsson/burns/Malkin/tarasenko/Mathews etc and another piece. And I'd only be sending back players that I'd have to drop.

Again, I know it's a ridiculous price but u have the best player and if someone else wants him you make them pay. If they won't pay keep the best player.

I don't do the original trade, not enough. I keep McDavid.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

keep mcdavid. you'll regret it. I agree you could probably use some G help, but in a keeper situation, you will kick yourself for years.

- - - Updated - - -

keep mcdavid. you'll regret it. I agree you could probably use some G help, but in a keeper situation, you will kick yourself for years.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Stud

Even your offer was not even c close! !!!!!! Your looking at holtby and 2 top 20 players
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Jedi

I traded Kucherov and got back (at the time) a slumping Kuznetsov, an injured Domi & injured Barkov and a non-producing Dvorak.

How do you rank Kucherov vs. McDavid?? While I know I got overpaid for Kuch...

you literally want to be wetting your pants with excitement on the return you're getting on McDavid. I fail to see even a dribble based on that return.

Not to mention, you're only other 'elite' forward is Marchand.... deal from strength, you are far from loaded at C - so based on that alone, I wouldn't do the deal. Sitting in 2nd, I'd much rather find a quality 3rd G to support Griess & Rinne than move McDavid... Sitting in 2nd, tinker with your team, don't rock the ship

- - - Updated - - -

I traded Kucherov and got back (at the time) a slumping Kuznetsov, an injured Domi & injured Barkov and a non-producing Dvorak.

How do you rank Kucherov vs. McDavid?? While I know I got overpaid for Kuch...

you literally want to be wetting your pants with excitement on the return you're getting on McDavid. I fail to see even a dribble based on that return.

Not to mention, you're only other 'elite' forward is Marchand.... deal from strength, you are far from loaded at C - so based on that alone, I wouldn't do the deal. Sitting in 2nd, I'd much rather find a quality 3rd G to support Griess & Rinne than move McDavid... Sitting in 2nd, tinker with your team, don't rock the ship
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

First post was a success. It should successfully talk you out of making a huge mistake. You do not deal McDavid.

And welcome to the boards!

- - - Updated - - -

First post was a success. It should successfully talk you out of making a huge mistake. You do not deal McDavid.

And welcome to the boards!

Dobber Sports Genius

Welcome to the forums.

Not much to add from me, just confirming that you need more than Holtby, Kuz, and Hayes in return for just McDavid let alone if Vas is added in.

And to clarify, by more I mean a better player than Kuz or Hayes, not more pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forums.

Not much to add from me, just confirming that you need more than Holtby, Kuz, and Hayes in return for just McDavid let alone if Vas is added in.

And to clarify, by more I mean a better player than Kuz or Hayes, not more pieces.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

I like the part that lucafen4 said about wetting your pants with excitement to make a McDavid trade. If you are the one owning McDavid, and you feel like you have to make the effort to go online to get feedback on a proposal involving him, then that's your answer right there. It needs to be a no-brainer accept offer or else do not trade McDavid! My thoughts, anyway.

Dobber Sports Novice

Ok Confirmed that I was losing my mind. Guess I was mostly blinded by the idea I'd be adding a legit goalie for the playoff run and a no brainer keeper. Ive been struggling thinking of which of the 3 if any I will keep. Anyways thx for making me see the light guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Confirmed that I was losing my mind. Guess I was mostly blinded by the idea I'd be adding a legit goalie for the playoff run and a no brainer keeper. Ive been struggling thinking of which of the 3 if any I will keep. Anyways thx for making me see the light guys!
    Yahoo Keeper league. 14 teams h2h Cats. Start 2 C/lw/rw/3D/2G/1utl daily.
    Keep 8.
    Scoring Cats:G-A-Pts-ppp-gwg-(+/-) -sog-fw-hits-blk / W-L-Gaa-sv%-Sho.

-Mcdavid, Trocheck, zibby, Seguin
    Lindholm, pavelski, zucker, smith
    Rakell, Jenner, Meier
    Klingberg, provorov, Barrie, green, muzzin
    vasilevskiy, Allen

The Great One

I'm somewhat surprised at how many people are basically telling you to play to lose this year. so that maybe one other year you win. boogles my mind, really.

I owned McDavid in two keepers. traded him last year in both. And won a championship in both. No regrets here.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm somewhat surprised at how many people are basically telling you to play to lose this year. so that maybe one other year you win. boogles my mind, really.

I owned McDavid in two keepers. traded him last year in both. And won a championship in both. No regrets here.

The Great One

The problem is if you trade McDavid and don't win the championship.

If I were trading McDavid it would take a lot more than the offer you received/made?

You made the right call by taking your trade off the table.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is if you trade McDavid and don't win the championship.

If I were trading McDavid it would take a lot more than the offer you received/made?

You made the right call by taking your trade off the table.

Dobber Sports Star

As stated, there's no way I trade McDavid for a package that doesn't include an aging Crosby/+/+. And even then the +'s would have to blow me away. He will be taking Sid's spot as top dog, if he hasn't already.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Comfortably in 2nd he said he was. Why not try and win the championship WITH McDavid? That seems to be the more optimal risk IMO. This team has got him this far. Maybe he wins...maybe he doesn't. No guarantee this new squad with Holbty etc less McDavid gets him closer than he already is.

Timing could really be an issue here. Als.. when in the season did you move McDavid? If this was the beginning of the season and he was looking to deal with a weakness immediately to avoid getting left behind... maybe. but the finish line is in sight right now.

I think holding tight is a sound decision. Maybe you win... maybe you don't. Same story if you did make the trade.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree with most of the sentiments here. The goal should be to try and win the championship with McDavid. Find another way to address your goaltending issues.

In a keep 8, McDavid only gains value, so you would need a MUCH bigger return to consider moving him.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with most of the sentiments here. The goal should be to try and win the championship with McDavid. Find another way to address your goaltending issues.

In a keep 8, McDavid only gains value, so you would need a MUCH bigger return to consider moving him.