Thread: Big trade - Duchene/Getzlaf/OEL/Donskoi for Tkachuk/Weber/Lee/Jarnkrok

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Big trade - Duchene/Getzlaf/OEL/Donskoi for Tkachuk/Weber/Lee/Jarnkrok

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been active for the last few months. Just life getting in the way of fantasy hockey!

This is for a 14-team SALARY CAP league with G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, Blocks, SHP, SOG dynasty league. I am very tight up against the cap and in the offseason have to re-sign several guys which will be very difficult. So I have this potential trade on the table:

I send:
    Duchene - hate to lose him
    Getzlaf - making a lot of money
    OEL - with +/- and blocks as cats his value takes a hit
    Donskoi

for

Tkachuk - nice combo of pts/PIMs and cheap
    Weber - nice multicat guy and salary will decrease next year
    Lee - coming up nicely
    Jarnkrok - same as Lee

I think I am losing points here but gaining in secondary cats. My team is weak in PIMs, +/-, and blocks so it is tempting especially with the cap relief I will get. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Big trade - Duchene/Getzlaf/OEL/Donskoi for Tkachuk/Weber/Lee/Jarnkrok

I like that you're getting Tkachuk but you're giving up alot to acquire him. Weber's salary doesn't decrease until 2018-2019 (from 12 mill to 6) so I am a bit perplexed as to how a team that is tight to the cap would acquire one of the most expensive salaries in the league.

I would do a trade around Tkachuk and give less from your side. Weber offers excellent stats but at 12 million a year his value takes a huge hit in cap leagues. How many trades will you have to make to keep Weber around next year?

I just can't help but feel that those are some very excellent players that you'd be giving up for an underwhelming return.

- - - Updated - - -

I like that you're getting Tkachuk but you're giving up alot to acquire him. Weber's salary doesn't decrease until 2018-2019 (from 12 mill to 6) so I am a bit perplexed as to how a team that is tight to the cap would acquire one of the most expensive salaries in the league.

I would do a trade around Tkachuk and give less from your side. Weber offers excellent stats but at 12 million a year his value takes a huge hit in cap leagues. How many trades will you have to make to keep Weber around next year?

I just can't help but feel that those are some very excellent players that you'd be giving up for an underwhelming return.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Big trade - Duchene/Getzlaf/OEL/Donskoi for Tkachuk/Weber/Lee/Jarnkrok

I think Duchene and Lee are what is too much on both sides.

Getz, OEL and Donskoi... add a pick or something lesser than Duchene
    vs
    Tkachuk, Weber, Jarnkrok

- - - Updated - - -

I think Duchene and Lee are what is too much on both sides.

Getz, OEL and Donskoi... add a pick or something lesser than Duchene
    vs
    Tkachuk, Weber, Jarnkrok
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

I completely hear where you guys are coming from. I hate moving Duchene. But in terms of total salaries, I am sending about 23M in salary and getting back 18.5M or so. So I am saving about 4.5M. That includes Weber's massive salary. Getzlaf's contract is pretty bad - he is going to make more than 8M for this season and 3 more seasons after that.

Dobber Sports Genius

No salaries and you lose hands down managing your cap I think you did well. Webers salary is coming down just need to shoulder it another season.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Any other thoughts?

Dobber Sports Padawan

So just crunched the numbers and I will be saving $4M in salary by making this deal. It is tempting to do . . .

Dobber Sports Superstar

too much proven production for a lot of potential and a defender who has really tapered off offensively. I would not make this deal and Duchene might end up on a contender for all we know as instantaneous top 6 forward which will ignite his production.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Padawan

I hear you. I guess you are not a believer in Lee or Jarnkrok?

Dobber Sports Superstar

I believe in Lee very much so this guy has been a top 50 forward for months and nobody seems to want to take notice. IF you count HIT and BLK like league I own him in he is ridiculously valuable. Jarnkrok will always be buried down the depth chart in NSH so his value is capped.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just you are the one giving up 3 premier players for each's respective squad and Tkachuk a rookie he could hit the wall anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just you are the one giving up 3 premier players for each's respective squad and Tkachuk a rookie he could hit the wall anytime.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with you on Lee and that's one of the main reasons to do this trade. Even though I have blocks as a category in this league, hits are not as his value would definitely be even higher. What if I switched Vanek for Jarnkrok? Certainly is proven and is having a resurgent season. That would be 3 proven players on each side.