Thread: Bishop

The Great One

Default Bishop

Just catching up on some Dobber reading and whilst doing this t a potential trade popped into my head. Now with anything like this I always sit there and think about it and the more I do it the more I think it is possible so I need someone to be a goice of reason....

Calgary trades a d man (I was thinking Hamilton) and Johnson/Elliott

for

Tampa's Bishop +

The only reason I think this is that the Bolts aren't giving up on the season so have a as amd someone who can spot him if he does suffer transitions by to full time starter and get the d man they seek with both term and an idea of $s. Calgary already has a pp 2 replacment in Stone and has exclusive rights on a goalie that should stop the bleeding on the back end and who they could potentially offer the money and term to retain... Discuss lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Bishop

Calgary fans seem to think that Johnson is better than Bishop (and Fleury), so that might stop this from happening. I was actually thinking they'd trade for Fleury instead because he has term left on his contract but yeah, it could be Bishop as well.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I can't see Calgary giving up their most potent offensive d-man for Bishop, just seems a bit too steep a price. I agree Calgary will be interested in Bishop but not at that price tag.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see Calgary giving up their most potent offensive d-man for Bishop, just seems a bit too steep a price. I agree Calgary will be interested in Bishop but not at that price tag.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

yah, they've mentioned before that Hamilton is almost untouchable. Giving him up for an aging goaltender would be catastrophic. Would have to be around other players.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also think the price is too high. I don't think goaltenders command quite as much value in the real NHL.

I could see it happening, but Tampa would get less in return.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think the price is too high. I don't think goaltenders command quite as much value in the real NHL.

I could see it happening, but Tampa would get less in return.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bishop is a UFA at the end of the season, so I doubt Calgary would give up so much for a goalie that is not a lock to sign with them. The duo of Johnson/Elliott isn't doing so bad that they would have to give up Hamilton either.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

The Great One

Hamilton made sense to me primarily based on cap hit but maybe Giordano gets it done....? Just looks like Calgary has a surplus of d men with Stone (who has some offensive potential) so potentially makes someone else expendable and though Johnson and Elliott have been serviceable Bishop would be a nice try before you buy and at worse this becomes a cap freer upper for Calgary...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...shop-deadline/

I don't know a lot about who Renaud Lavoie is, or if he's generally considered a reputable guy, but he's saying that he's hearing there's a good chance Bishop gets moved.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/chances-high-lightning-will-trade-ben-bishop-deadline/

I don't know a lot about who Renaud Lavoie is, or if he's generally considered a reputable guy, but he's saying that he's hearing there's a good chance Bishop gets moved.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Jedi

With the RFA's TB has, I think there's a better chance they get prospects, young players in return for Bishop vs. a 5+m Dman

Gillies - Fox/Kylington + ?? with an extension for Bishop agreed upon.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Calgary fans seem to think that Johnson is better than Bishop (and Fleury), so that might stop this from happening. I was actually thinking they'd trade for Fleury instead because he has term left on his contract but yeah, it could be Bishop as well.
    Flames fans are delusional if they really think that (btw they don't). Many of my Calgary friends see Bishop as a marginal upgrade over the inflated expectations they had for Elliot when he arrived. If Bishop is traded, he should be had for a roster player and picks. I would say picks only, but I suspect that a goalie would be going to Tampa, as well as some salary. Anything more would be silly.

Unless the Flames and Bishop could agree on a contract prior to a trade, that maybe dictates what the draft pick would be. Not sure if they could/can negotiate prior to a trade?.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

TB decided to go with Vas tonight against the flames. Guess they decided not to showcase him against their rumored trade partner? Or are they protecting him from injury?
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bishop goes to The Kings. WTF?
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Stud

Wonder if there are lingering injury concerns with Quick?
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Quick looked good the other night, while I think Budaj could have a done a good job splitting time with Quick it seems they wanted that added experience and talent with Bishop.

They will certainly split the rest of the season in sure, especially considering Quick's recent injury and if Bishop continues his win streak LA becomes a very potent team at the perfect time.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.