Thread: JVR vs huberdeau

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default JVR vs huberdeau

Are their upsides similar?? Long term who is the better own??
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: JVR vs huberdeau

I think they're similar (point wise I am assuming is what you meant) short term. But the tables will be turning each year and I really like hubs with barkov. I think that could end up being a poor mans seguin-benn duo and soon.
    Jvr is a good piece but I think while they're fairly level now, 2 years from now hubs will be building a gap with room to stretch his end upwards while jvr will slowly start to decline

- - - Updated - - -

I think they're similar (point wise I am assuming is what you meant) short term. But the tables will be turning each year and I really like hubs with barkov. I think that could end up being a poor mans seguin-benn duo and soon.
    Jvr is a good piece but I think while they're fairly level now, 2 years from now hubs will be building a gap with room to stretch his end upwards while jvr will slowly start to decline

Dobber Sports Ace

Long term absolutely Huberdeau. Heck even short term I'd say Huberdeau. JVR is a nice player. I just think Huberdeau is a much more talented player with a fairly higher upside too. Plus at 23 I think? He could still break out and jump up another tier. I mean the way he's been playing since his return is really encouraging. Right now he looks like a LW right behind Hall if I'm ranking for dynasty. I'm sure I have him rated higher than others. But this guy was a top first round pick with elite skills. Him bevom No an elite NHL player was always a possibility.

He and Barkov could make an amazing pair for the next line me 5 to 8 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Long term absolutely Huberdeau. Heck even short term I'd say Huberdeau. JVR is a nice player. I just think Huberdeau is a much more talented player with a fairly higher upside too. Plus at 23 I think? He could still break out and jump up another tier. I mean the way he's been playing since his return is really encouraging. Right now he looks like a LW right behind Hall if I'm ranking for dynasty. I'm sure I have him rated higher than others. But this guy was a top first round pick with elite skills. Him bevom No an elite NHL player was always a possibility.

He and Barkov could make an amazing pair for the next line me 5 to 8 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Him becoming an elite NHL player was always a possibility I meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Him becoming an elite NHL player was always a possibility I meant.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Superstar

JVR is 27 he is not dropping off anytime soon; his relevance depends on linemates so he sticks with Marner I would rather own him. He'll score more goals than Huberdeau IMO and right now everyone is jumping on him because he is hot and it's not to say he is not good because he def is but this dude has FRESH legs compared to the rest of the league so I expect him to cool off. Long long term because he is four years younger he will eventually be the better own but right now so long as he's not the main piece I am building around, I want JVR. He's on 65 point pace right now and one or two hot streaks brings that up to 70 point territory with 30 being goals, will take over 225 SOG, provide 20 plus PPG and give about 75 HIT. Not many give that type of coverage so def give JVR some strong consideration at the least.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

JVR for similar reasons as above... above average shooter, front of the net PP guy and even though older, if he stays with the leafs, the future is bright there for an offense first type of player like he is