Thread: Evander Kane, legit

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Evander Kane, legit

Is this his renaissance?

He is on quite the goal scoring rampage...

Finally figuring it out??

Should we start considering him in limited keepers?

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Evander Kane, legit

Been enjoying the production. I'll feel more comfortable with him after the deadline.
    I think Eichel is helping more than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Been enjoying the production. I'll feel more comfortable with him after the deadline.
    I think Eichel is helping more than anything.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't trust EKane at all. He's a guy you hope to get in your redraft but he's not an investment I'd recommend. Your keepers looks solid, although I think you have several guys you could consider upgrading in your last spots (imo) of Reinhart and Provorov.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I'd put him back in the draft. Not just because he's risky but because everyone is scared of taking risks so I can just re-draft Kane. I'm not surprised with his production though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I don't trust EKane at all. He's a guy you hope to get in your redraft but he's not an investment I'd recommend. Your keepers looks solid, although I think you have several guys you could consider upgrading in your last spots (imo) of Reinhart and Provorov.
    100% with this post.

Dont think I could ever trade for Kane, unless it was at an all time low. Definitely not buying at the top.

Dobber Sports Sage

This is the effect players like Eichel have.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nah, he'll get injured before the end of the season anyway. He's a frustrating guy to own in fantasy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

I put tonnes of trust into Evander Kane early on in my fantasy hockey career and he has broke my trust and will likely never win it back unless he puts up 5 years in a row with 50-60 pt seasons.

Today I traded Evander Kane + Nikita Zadorov for Adam Henrique in a 30 team pts only league and am a happy camper!

- - - Updated - - -

I put tonnes of trust into Evander Kane early on in my fantasy hockey career and he has broke my trust and will likely never win it back unless he puts up 5 years in a row with 50-60 pt seasons.

Today I traded Evander Kane + Nikita Zadorov for Adam Henrique in a 30 team pts only league and am a happy camper!

Dobber Sports Ace

Leaving out injuries/off ice etc...

This is thing with Kane. As stuntman stated in his deal, that's not where kanes strength is. Points only he's not that valuable. I'd move him for anything that is consistently average. But in multi cat, if he can ever get to 70 games-30g-25a-55pts-270sog-90pims (plus PPP and he does get some time shorthanded as well) he's still quite valuable.

I think the hope of seeing 40-40 is gone. I think even 30-30-60 may be tough but is probably more of a ceiling for him now. But his strength is the across the board production. He's borederline elite if he can even approach the numbers I listed in those leagues. His cap hit is decent if he's healthy. Now what will his next contract be? Or shal I say his demands? I know this isn't a cap thread but that's where I think you need to be a little more leery. Of course on the flip side is the fact that he's older now and maybe is maturing, but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving out injuries/off ice etc...

This is thing with Kane. As stuntman stated in his deal, that's not where kanes strength is. Points only he's not that valuable. I'd move him for anything that is consistently average. But in multi cat, if he can ever get to 70 games-30g-25a-55pts-270sog-90pims (plus PPP and he does get some time shorthanded as well) he's still quite valuable.

I think the hope of seeing 40-40 is gone. I think even 30-30-60 may be tough but is probably more of a ceiling for him now. But his strength is the across the board production. He's borederline elite if he can even approach the numbers I listed in those leagues. His cap hit is decent if he's healthy. Now what will his next contract be? Or shal I say his demands? I know this isn't a cap thread but that's where I think you need to be a little more leery. Of course on the flip side is the fact that he's older now and maybe is maturing, but who knows.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For context he'd be a 19th Rd hold for me... pretty great value... but the consensus here seems to be just enjoy his production while it lasts? Not an asset worth protecting..

Hoping his scoring keeps up for rest of the season anyway for my playoff run

Thanks for the replies guys

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Kane will always be a streaky player. But I think he could still be a productive one. His PIM have been huge for me. I expected more hits but he's still contributing well there. This is the main reason I play Dynasty instead of keeper, so I could just keep them all if I wanted to.
    But really, I think Kane can be a 30/30 guy pretty regularly. I'll come in bunches and there is risk. But I'd put him in a category with like Hornqvist, who is very valuable because of hits, but also scores sat about a 1 to 1 goal/assist and
    Like other Pittsburgh wings is somewhat dependent on Crosby and Malkin.
    But that is still a valuable player.

If you need a scorer that adds PIM and HIT I still think Kane is a very good choice. Maybe foto more than h2h because of his streakyness but he's still been one of my most important players. I'd rate him in top 100 going in to next year if he's still with Buffalo. If he gets moved it would be relative to his new location.

For mr it's hard to move Kane though, just because guys that add in all the categories that Kane can are usually quite expensive. Especially a scorer that stacks PIM.

Maybe a guy like Radulov compares, who is almost as streaky. He gets more assist than goals, but adds decent PIM and HIT. Kane is quite a bit younger than Radulov and Hornqvist too. I think Kane can still mature. If he became more consistent with age, watch out. I'd regret moving him if that happened.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Kane will always be a streaky player. But I think he could still be a productive one. His PIM have been huge for me. I expected more hits but he's still contributing well there. This is the main reason I play Dynasty instead of keeper, so I could just keep them all if I wanted to.
    But really, I think Kane can be a 30/30 guy pretty regularly. I'll come in bunches and there is risk. But I'd put him in a category with like Hornqvist, who is very valuable because of hits, but also scores sat about a 1 to 1 goal/assist and
    Like other Pittsburgh wings is somewhat dependent on Crosby and Malkin.
    But that is still a valuable player.

If you need a scorer that adds PIM and HIT I still think Kane is a very good choice. Maybe foto more than h2h because of his streakyness but he's still been one of my most important players. I'd rate him in top 100 going in to next year if he's still with Buffalo. If he gets moved it would be relative to his new location.

For mr it's hard to move Kane though, just because guys that add in all the categories that Kane can are usually quite expensive. Especially a scorer that stacks PIM.

Maybe a guy like Radulov compares, who is almost as streaky. He gets more assist than goals, but adds decent PIM and HIT. Kane is quite a bit younger than Radulov and Hornqvist too. I think Kane can still mature. If he became more consistent with age, watch out. I'd regret moving him if that happened.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

I think a lot of people are butt hurt because they drafted him so high and got burned. That affects fantasy owners bigtime- we're passionate hockey fans not detached market anylists (for the most part). The problem with chalking this up to the "Eichel" effect- is that he was scoring like a freight train while he was buried on the third line. Hes always shown he can overmatch weaker line opposition and now he has found actual chemistry with a superstar. Thats not insignificant as weve seen some star players really struggle to find that fit- and Kane himself has shown a stubborness to adapt to certain play styles. I agree that I will feel a lot better after the trade deadline and also not really hoping for a 40-40 season anytime soon. That being said a 30-30 guy with 300+ shot upside is nothing to sneeze at in most formats. Im cautiously starting to pencil him in as such...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I think a lot of people are butt hurt because they drafted him so high and got burned.
    People are butt hurt because they like to be moral judges and Kane isn't a perfect citizen.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust