Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Hayden

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default John Hayden

John Hayden could be worth adding in deep leagues. He's having a good season as the Captain of Yale University team with 18 goals and 30 points in 27 games. This is already his 4th NCAA season, so he's turning pro after this. He's a big (6'3", 223 lbs) power forward who was drafted as a Center but has played lots of wing lately. He's a goal-scorer who is not great with creating plays, so wing is probably the better position for him.

Not someone who has huge upside but could be a reliable 3rd liner who can play as a complementary player in the top-6 when needed.

He was drafted in the 3rd round (74th overall) in 2013 by Chicago but he could wait until August and become UFA. Elliotte had this in his latest 30 Thoughts article:

22. Always check in on potential NCAA signings at this time of year. There are a few teams hoping John Hayden, a 2013 Chicago Blackhawks pick who is finishing his fourth year at Yale, will go the Jimmy Vesey route ? not sign, choosing free agency instead. But two NHL clubs who were looking into it say they are losing hope it will happen.

The Blackhawks are now making room for young players, showing there is a route available. The Bulldogs need a big run to qualify for the NCAAs, so the opportunity is there to play in the NHL this season, which burns a year of his entry-level contract.
    If Hayden signs with Chicago, he could play in the NHL sooner rather than later. He might be ready to play in the bottom-6 already now.

Second City Hockey ranked Hayden as the 4th best prospect in the Chicago system: http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017...ustav-forsling

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: John Hayden

I recently traded for him in one of my keepers knowing full well he would be in a good spot in the Chicago system.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

He has never wavered from saying he will sign with Chicago once he is through with college. We'll see.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I recently traded for him in one of my keepers knowing full well he would be in a good spot in the Chicago system.
    That was a terrible deal on your part even if the prospect turns out to be good.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That was a terrible deal on your part even if the prospect turns out to be good.
    Only time will tell.

Considering the salary considerations, I am happy to have an asset like Hayden long term compared to the other assets which weren't going to be on my roster next year anyway.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

the only hawks prospects I can see as more than third liners are schmaltz and debrincat. debrincat could be a 30 goal scorer, and schmaltz has too much to be a third liner. he'll be another saad/teravainen, they'll get solid production out of him until his entry level deal is up, and they have to trade him or pay up. remember in his draft year, the hawks trade up to draft him, so they really like him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would you drop Graovac for Hayden in deep league?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Administrator

I don't see much in Graovac personally.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Me either. I have already dumped Galiev and Puempel for other younger prospects (Guhle/Sikura), as well as picking up Kayumov(shot in the dark) and Allard.

Graovac and Leivo are the last two i might drop for another prospect. Although, i haven't given up on Leivo quite yet and am hesitant.

I also have Wouter Peeters that i picked up(made another thread on him) just as a shot in the dark.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scdakotart2000 View Post
    Would you drop Graovac for Hayden in deep league?
    I would definitely do that.

To your other post, don't give up on Leivo yet. He likely needs a trade but has shown he belongs to the NHL and could catch fire if he gets to play with high-end offensive talent. Complementary players like him need to find that right fit but when they do, the results could be similar to what we've seen from Kunitz a few years back for example. Not a high-end offensive talent himself but plays really well with those players.

Thanks. You just nudged me over the edge. LOL. Dropped Graovac for Hayden.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. You just nudged me over the edge. LOL. Dropped Graovac for Hayden.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Fantrax is reporting that Hayden has signed with Chicago which is good news in my opinion.
    Hayden signed a two-year contract with Chicago on Sunday, Brian Hedger of NHL.com reports.
    Analysis: The center had an illustrious career at Yale, notching 50 goals and 41 assists over the course of his four seasons. It's unclear exactly where he'll end up, but the high-powered Blackhawks offense doesn't need to try to rush a scorer into the NHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/st...82239139753984

Forward John Hayden has been signed to a two-year contract that runs through the 2017-18 season. #Blackhawks
    Interesting quote from Quenneville

https://twitter.com/CRoumeliotis/sta...07718391513088

Joel Quenneville said recently-signed prospect John Hayden that he will join #Blackhawks and play.

Dobber Sports Sage

I can't imagine that he contributes too much this season. He'll get in some games to burn off a year of his ELC as part to his agreement of his signing. I see him playing a few games on the 4th line wing. He'll be in the mix to play with Jurco, Tootoo, and Desjardins.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't expect much this season as well but it will be curious to see how he gets deployed and how he does with the time he gets. Like most kids coming out of college, he's older but still green to the pro game. A good experience for the kid none the less.